Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

WANTED: model 10 or 15 dash housing

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Magellan
Bus Model: 1971 model 05 Silver Eagle

WANTED: model 10 or 15 dash housing

Post by Magellan »

I wish to update my model 5 dash to the newer wrap around style.
Need only the housing as I will make my own panels.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: WANTED: model 10 or 15 dash housing

Post by beltguy »

Karl, welcome to our forum

Many folks have used an R&M Fiberglass dash. Unfortunately they no longer make them. Here is a thread where an R&M dash is being modified: http://eagles-international.net/forums/ ... f686b9464a

I have seen fiberglass dashes that folks custom made using either wood or foam to form the basic shape and then covering that with fiberglass. Seems like a big job to me.

I have also seen folks adapt either a semi truck or motorhome dashes and they look pretty good. I think the truck dash would come closer to what you are looking for.

As you mention, you could use a later model Eagle dash, but I have not seen one for sale. For some reason we don't seem to get postings for folks parting out Eagles.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Post by akroyaleagle »

The problem with truck dashes is that nearly all of the instruments and senders are for the electronic engines not our old two strokes.

Making the shell is not too much of a problem, as Jim said. You could frame it up with cardboard or any readily shapeable media. Once you have the basic shape, cover it with fiberglass. A boat repair shop might be able to help, or a body shop.

Fiberglass is messy stuff. Folks that build cargo trailers have machines to spray fiberglass and also the gel foam to finish it. I watched Gene Rochester of Walhalla, SC make different forms like that. Look him up and pick his brain. His Company is Southern Eagle Manufacturing, Walhalla, SC.

Eugene Rochester Sr
265 W Halfway Branch Rd
Walhalla, SC 29691

A simple internet search turned him up. I don't know a phone number.

Hope this helps.
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
kcld
FMCA #: 401729
Bus Model: 1984 Eagle 10, 6V92 Allison 740

Post by kcld »

I'm replacing my Model 10 with a R&M fiberglass unit and have my OE dash available, if you're interested PM me. Kurt at kccompany.net
Kentucky Steve
Bus Model: 1969 05 number 7900

Post by Kentucky Steve »

I have a brand new fiberglass wrap around dash for sale. If your interested just let me know and well deal on it. I'm tired of walking around it in the garage floor.

Kentucky steve
Bbcoachsandy
FMCA #: 26457
Bus Model: Model 10 eagle

Post by Bbcoachsandy »

beltguy wrote:Karl, welcome to our forum

Many folks have used an R&M Fiberglass dash. Unfortunately they no longer make them. Here is a thread where an R&M dash is being modified: http://eagles-international.net/forums/ ... fc13264a43

I have seen fiberglass dashes that folks custom made using either wood or foam to form the basic shape and then covering that with fiberglass. Seems like a big job to me.

I have also seen folks adapt either a semi truck or motorhome dashes and they look pretty good. I think the truck dash would come closer to what you are looking for.

As you mention, you could use a later model Eagle dash, but I have not seen one for sale. For some reason we don't seem to get postings for folks parting out Eagles.

Jim
i think i still have one. gary at b@b coach/ call if you still need one