Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Value?

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
85eagle15
Bus Model: 1985 eagle model 15

Value?

Post by 85eagle15 »

I recently acquired this 1985 eagle model 15 (40 something seats)and a bathroom with 114,000miles Detroit 692. Was told that the engine was rebuilt recently as well. What is this thing worth, is there a blue book for these types of vehicles?
davida
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10

Re: Value?

Post by davida »

I've seen 85 models from a low of 8000 to a high of mid 30's. Converted could be more but asking prices are all over the place. 96" wide coaches are out of favor thus lower selling prices. If yours is a 102" it should be more. I've seen some of these coaches listed on the web for more than a year and still not sold. I doubt a 1985 model would only have 100k miles unless it was a private coach from its birth. That mileage is way too low for any type of revenue service coach.

David
85eagle15
Bus Model: 1985 eagle model 15

Post by 85eagle15 »

Thanks for the info.. pretty sure mileage is accurate, I acquired from a private company which bought it from a dealership.
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

You can check on here for the original owner by looking up the last five digits of the chassis/frame/VIN (50XXX) on different threads on this site. A 1985 model would be one of the oldest 15's out there. If it has a 400XX number, it was new to Trailways (40001-04) or Greyhound (40005-54); one of only 54 made for them A few others in this series may have gone to Trailways Commuter Transit operators in the Dallas and Houston areas before Trailways, Inc. closed down in 1987. All 15's are 102 inches wide. Some 50XXX series coaches also went to independent Trailways operators like Adirondack or Panhandle.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!