Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

6V92 exhaust manifold

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Ringer
Bus Model: Model 10 1982 Eagle

6V92 exhaust manifold

Post by Ringer »

New to the boards. I have a 1982 Eagle model 10, a month or so ago on a trip, a broke a manifold. Looked around and saw a couple on here, but two to three year old ads. The P/N is 5128849. I have a low rear mounted turbo. I CAN reman the system but obviously would rather not. I'll post up pics as soon as I figure out how! Bought the bus from Lou Fisher four years ago, it is a Dennis Carver raised roof. I repainted it and have done some upgrades but for all intents and practical purposes, it's almost as bought. Love the bus, it's by FAR my favorite vehicle.
Thank You for your time.
Matt Ringer
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: 6V92 exhaust manifold

Post by beltguy »

Hi Matt Welcome to our forum

Posting pictures is pretty simple. Simply hit "upload attachment" and find the picture on your computer/phone. We set the size limit very large so you should not have to resize.

I think finding the manifold could be a challenge. Some welding shops are pretty good at repairing cast iron. Might be worth a try.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

This is it as it sits now.
20150707_142808.jpg
Ringer

Post by Ringer »

That wasn't bad. I can modify my existing exhaust to a differing configuration, but as a last resort. The existing manifold is pretty thin, I tried brazing it and that worked for a while, but it failed. I can also fabricate a set of stainless headers that will mimic the original outlet. It's a lot of work, but I want it to last. In the long run, I'd like to install a series 60 or a CAT. It's got the 740A trans. I don't know if I would have move the drive forward and install independent tags or not. The 92 runs great and it's pretty economical but parts availability may change my mind. I'd like to run this thing for a few more years. I'm 53 so I should be around for a little while longer. Thank You for the welcome!