Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

*SOLD* 1978 Eagle Bus Conversion for sale

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Two Feathers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F234821
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1990 Eagle 15

*SOLD* 1978 Eagle Bus Conversion for sale

Post by Two Feathers »

Bus at yellowstone lake.jpg
Powered by a 450 HP Cummins Celect Plus and an Allison HD740 automatic transmission. This bus is a runner. I have owned for 17 years, completely remodeled the interior and changed the engine, transmission, and the differential gearing. It runs approx 1900 rpm at 65 mph with approximately 8.4 MPG overall. The suspension is in good shape, we adjusted the torsalistics approximately two years ago. It is due for new tires before it ventures out in summer weather, other than that it is ready to go. Asking price is $35,000.00. We are selling because we are now driving our new conversion that we have been working on for the past several years. I have a lot of pictures that I can share if you contact me at NMP@flash.net Dave St. John
1990 Eagle 15 Under Construction
Cummins M-11 Celect Plus
Allison 746, T drive axle
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: 1978 Eagle Bus Conversion for sale

Post by beltguy »

This bus is a great value! I have seen the bus many times and it is gorgeous. As far as I know, it ready to hit the road and enjoy many miles of fun travel.

As noted in the ad, it has a four stroke Cummins engine and that is a great benefit.

I have added it to our website listings: http://eaglesinternational.net/category ... s-for-sale

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Gwaltnak
FMCA #: F437640
Bus Model: 1968 GMC 4107 baby buffalo, soon to change...

Post by Gwaltnak »

Could you post more pictures? I have several people that have been asking about getting a bus conversion, and are interested in this bus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
SKYCHENEY

Post by SKYCHENEY »

Dave,
I sent you an email. I am the guy who originally converted your Eagle 25 years ago. I think we spoke once many years ago about paint codes. It may not have been you. I just remember the bus was in AZ at that time. Please send me some photos. I'd love to see what you've done with the coach. And I'll try to dig out some photos of the original build.

Sky Cheney
Williamston, MI
grandpaD
Bus Model: shopping

Re: *SOLD* 1978 Eagle Bus Conversion for sale

Post by grandpaD »

Bummer, my wife and I were trying to buy this bird.

Funny thing though.... I hear it ended up here in Wisconsin anyway.

Guess we will keep looking.
Chuck Dykstra Sr
Lake Geneva, WI
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: *SOLD* 1978 Eagle Bus Conversion for sale

Post by beltguy »

Hi All

Dave did confirm that the buyer found the bus via our website. That is rewarding news for our little corner of the world.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.