Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

I am looking for a nice dash for a 68 eagle model 5

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Ed B
Bus Model: 1968 Model 05 with 8v71 and an eaton 9 speed.

I am looking for a nice dash for a 68 eagle model 5

Post by Ed B »

Hey!

I have been here for a few months and an excited to start my somewhat restoration. I really need a dash. I am looking for something nice that goes all the way across the front including gauges. Anyone know of someone that has started a project but hasn't finished? I don't mind paying shipping, but want something nice. :) please help help me on my first conversion. I will post pictures soon.
Ed
Attachments
1448082397922.jpg
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: I am looking for a nice dash for a 68 eagle model 5

Post by luvrbus »

Carson can build you one www.custominsturmentpanels.com or call him @ 704-985-0171,last time I spoke with Richard of R&M Fiberglass he wasn't making the housing any longer for the dash boards
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Ed, as Clifford said, many folks have used the RM dash (no longer made, but you may be able to find one somewhere). Here is a thread that shows that dash and how it was installed: http://eagles-international.net/forums/ ... 0&start=50.

There are other alternatives. I would think that you could fabricate a dash shell out of plywood and then fiberglass it. You could also form one using styrofoam as a mold and play with it until you got the shape you wanted and then cover it with fiberglass.

Some folks have used truck dashes out of class 8 trucks (semi size). Most any large city with have a truck wrecking yard where you could do some shopping (if you can sweet talk them into letting you in the yard - most are reluctant because of insurance issues). If the truck dash is older, the guages will be "independent" of the ECM and could be used if you wanted. The newer dash gauges are "driven" via the ECM on the engine and would not work for you unless you have a modern electronic engine.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Ed B
Bus Model: 1968 Model 05 with 8v71 and an eaton 9 speed.

Post by Ed B »

Thanks for the info. I have seen the dash from custom instruments, but really like the looks of the rm dash. If. Any of you know or hear of one for sale that never got installed, keep me in mind. I probably will wait until after Christmas and if I can't find an rm dash, I will probably jump on the custom instrument. My email is ozarkflyer1974@yahoo.com

Ed
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Check with Carson he may have some old R&M dashes I know he did at one time,I had a couple but gave them away a couple of year ago