Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Looking to buy.

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 142221
Bus Model: Pipe Creek, TX
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Looking to buy.

Post by proudeagle10 »

I am in the market of buying a REAR VIEW CAMERA with screen, and in the dash GPS. Does anybody have any preference of make or model of any of this two? I will be installing this items on an 05 model. This eagle has been raised to a total height of 13 ft. And don't know if I would be able to install any kind of roof antenna. Any ideas?
Thank in advance -----------------AL proudeagle10

PS. Where to buy
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Re: Looking to buy.

Post by gpzzdrm »

I have a Voyager rear view color camera and 7 inch screen. It has a selector for A/B view which means it can work with two inputs. I only use the rear view.

I have a Rand McNally GPS that is readlily mountable on (or in) a dash. I got mine at Camping World as a "Good Sam" Model. The important thing in any manufacturers models is the ability to enter custom RV info. You enter the length, width, height, weight, whether you pull a tow or not, etc. With all that, the unit will allow routes only compatible with you info. Without that, many GPS units will lead you down roads not intended for vehicles the size of our buses. I learned that in Connecticut. Could have been disastrous. I know that Garmin make a unit now that does allow the custom size info. I had good luck with Garmin in the past, but I really like my Rand McNally unit. Screen size, touch screen and the info displayed are great. Several of our members have that unit now and I have not heard of complaints from anyone.

Hope this helps.

Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

I have cobbled up several rear camera systems trying to go the cheap route. My current system is reasonably good quality. It is a Weldex 3 camera system assembled from parts bought at Trina's Surplus store in Elkhart. They were used in Monaco MHs and I later found out they had a bunch of problems. My system has worked pretty good. I like the side cameras as they give me a better side view in the rain and if the mirrors frost over.

Some folks have reported that wireless systems work in their bus. Maybe the technology has improved, but early users reported problems.

Almost every thread I have read recommends: http://www.rvcams.com/

It sounds like you may be looking for a combination rear view camera and GPS. That would not be my choice. I think that a combination system is likely a compromise.

Like Bill, I have a truck based system - mine is Garmin. I have not used that feature in the bus, as most of our travels are out west and we are less likely to get into problems. That said, I bought it to be prepared if I need it.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Al I just purchased Pioneer Nex 7 ACIC 8100 Nex it's the only one I could find that would work with my side and rear view cameras.I bought it on a open box deal from Curtchfield the price wasn't bad I got 50% off.I wanted a Alpine 9in but the price of $2500.00 changed my mind in a hurry, shop,shop and you can one at a affordable price
good luck
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

For more info. Jim's comment that my GPS is truck based is partially true. Mine is more RV based, coming from the original truck system. The RV focused system has more than just the normal GPS routing capabilities. It has a very robust Woodall's RV park element/guide, and other RV specific things.

Bill
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

this is a site I have followed for some time.
http://www.rearviewsafety.com/backup-ca ... stems.html
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Just about all the GPS now any type of routing can be downloaded into one,AL is looking for GPS and rear view combo and they are not going to be cheap.I have a friend his GPS and cameras are ran through a I Pad on his Newell I would never be able to figure how to do that :D
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Post by proudeagle10 »

No. I don't think I would want a combo. I think that would be a real nightmare. When you are in a town during traffic hours, and you have to be switching back and forth from camera to GPS. But then what do I know!---------------AL
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Sorry I miss understood,there is now switching on mine set on the 50/50 1/2 screen is GPS the other 1/2 are cameras or you can have full screen for either I like it a lot
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Post by proudeagle10 »

Cliff. Where can I see or buy a 50/50 GPS/Camera ?
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier