Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

M&G braking system for a jeep liberty

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

M&G braking system for a jeep liberty

Post by rusty »

Carol Gourley asked me to take the M & G braking system off of the Liberty they pulled behind the bus. Also I have the mounting hardware for a roadmaster tow bar. ( I am pretty sure it is roadmaster ). Any how if you need any of this stuff make an offer.

Wayne
303-591-0372
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: M&G braking system for a jeep liberty

Post by beltguy »

For those of you not familiar with the M&G brake system, I consider it to be the best brake system - by far. Once installed, there is no hardware to fool with. Simply hook up the air connection (connected to the air brake system on the bus).

Depending on the year of the Liberty, the model is either a 102 or 602. You can check compatibility here http://m-gengineering.com/Compatibility.html

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Re: M&G braking system for a jeep liberty

Post by gpzzdrm »

I love mine. I believe components are transferable from one vehicle to another, except for the brake master cylinder module. It has been awhile, but M&G was very cooperative on exchange of one for another back when I changed vehicles and needed to change mine. The exchange I made was one new unit for another. Not a used one. I just changed vehicles after I bought it but before I installed it.
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.