Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

1966 Eagle Model 04 For Sale - Nashville, TN SOLD

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
tmeunier
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle Model 04 by Bus & Car, Belgium

1966 Eagle Model 04 For Sale - Nashville, TN SOLD

Post by tmeunier »

I have a Silver Eagle Model 04 (1966–69 unique model for European and north African customers, 110 built) Bus & Car, Belgium It's 37' long and 8’ wide. Power by a 6-v53 Detroit Diesel engine and equipped with an OEM Airide suspension bags (very rare) system. It has dual roof A/C. 6KW Onan LP generator. Loaded with extras! Rear queen bed, center bath with ceramic floor shower (Need Work) , Kitchen is complete but no gas or water hooked up. Front room is open to your imagination. Fair tires, Air Brakes, Power Steering and a new clutch It starts right up, no smoke or problems (made a video 3/15/15). The six speed ZF transmission does have a REVERSE issue but it is drivable and manageable with some patience when backing up. This bus runs great!

I bought the bus in Centerville, TN back in 2013 and drove it to my place in Nashville where it's has become a "mobile storage building". Here is a video of the bus starting and "airing up". https://vimeo.com/53354574

SALE PRICE: $2500 (TENNESSEE TITLE)
Timm Meunier
Nashville, TN
tmeunier
Bus Model: 1966 Silver Eagle Model 04 by Bus & Car, Belgium

Re: 1966 Eagle Model 04 For Sale - Nashville, TN

Post by tmeunier »

I posted several photos of this bus from the past here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/auxiliari ... 132100592/
Thanks for looking,
Timm
Timm Meunier
Nashville, TN
honeybee

Post by honeybee »

Hi there Timm

I thought maybe I would at least draw up a post and ask if this bus is still available. I see your PM and email are not activated here on the forum, so I'm assuming it has found a new home.

Thank you!
Victoria
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

First of all, welcome Victoria!!!

Right now the email for this forum is having some issues (that is part of the problem with not getting notification of your application).

I sent you an off line email with the email address that Timm used for his registration. Hopefully it is still current.

Keep us posted!!!!!

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
honeybee

Post by honeybee »

Thank you so much Jim! I've just emailed him and if I hear back I will definitely post an update! :)
honeybee

Post by honeybee »

Timm wrote right back and said this girl has moved on, finding a new home in Cookeville, TN. :(

The search continues. :)
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: 1966 Eagle Model 04 For Sale - Nashville, TN SOLD

Post by beltguy »

Well Darn!

I have changed the subject to reflect that bus has sold.

We are glad that you are looking at Eagles. There are a lot for sale. Some are pretty fair values and some should have gone to the scrap yard. If you find a serious candidate, start a thread and let our group weigh in on the value of the bus. Many of our members have knowledge of the buses that are on the market.

I am compiling a thread on inspection of Eagle buses: http://eagles-international.net/forums/ ... f=5&t=4343. I hope we can build on that thread in the future.

You may want to start a thread on your goals/budget/etc. and that might help get some recommendations. There are a lot of really good Eagles in the $40-60K range, but I suspect that is not your goal

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
honeybee

Post by honeybee »

I will definitely be posting anything we look at, especially as newbies. And *especially* after researching and seeing some of the guts going on ...

Should I post budget and what we are looking for in "General Eagle Chat"

Funny you mentioned a more expensive option. We are starting to lean in that direction .. after seeing some of the "rusty threads" here I had to practically lay my husband down on the cold tile floor and put a washcloth on his forehead. So we are weighing our options. 3-10 years for a rebuild or take the time to save for something that has already been converted. My only question is with the quality of a conversion ... did they do it right? Were shortcuts taken? Is it better to do it ourselves and make sure it's done properly? etc, etc!!!

Since I'm way off topic I will stop here and post under an appropriate topic. Thanks again, Jim!!! :) :)
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 142221
Bus Model: Pipe Creek, TX
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Post by proudeagle10 »

Victoria.
We have (A friend and myself) a 37 footer eagle that we are letting go. The bus is in Ohio and we are in South Texas. The bus had an issue with the engine. About 5 yr. ago we went and changed out the engine. Now we have gotten older and our goals have change. 5 yr. ago the bus was all intact. The owner of the place were the bus is park, in Ohio, said a hail storm had busted some of the marker light. Has a 8V71 and automatic transmission. Was completely converted. But we had started to do some changes to the inside and never finish. We are letting it go real reasonable. My PH# 830-510-6882 proudeagle10@yahoo.com
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

Victoria, yes, I would create a thread in the General Eagle Chat Forum. As you see in this thread, some offers jump up.

It is always a balance of doing it yourself and making the way you want it vs buying a converted coach. As you mention, some owner conversions are great and some not so much. Again, hopefully we can contribute to your thought process.

Al, you might want to start a thread in the Eagle Mall describing your bus. It is really easy to post pictures now and we are getting some decent exposure on the internet.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO