Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

WANTED: 05 New Look Rear Crown

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

WANTED: 05 New Look Rear Crown

Post by Bus & Car »

Time to get this back on the front page. We are still looking for this item.

Hi, everyone.

:)

I'm desperately searching for a complete rear crown for a New Look 05 Eagle. Complete means all the metal, the glass, gaskets and the five rear marker lights.

The coach is located in Holland and belongs to Slingerland Tours. They are located just outside of Amsterdam. The buyer will pay shipping costs.

This is a 1972 model with frame number 8873. It was bought new by Harding College in Arkansas to replace a 1955 Flxible Vista-Liner 100. At some point Harding replaced the original crown with a fiberglass one made for a Model 10. Other than that, it's pretty much original except for the seat covers. Slingerland wants to totally restore the coach to its original look less a few small changes needed to comply with local regulations. The coach even still has it's illuminated rear target sign.

If you have something like this in decent condition, please let me know on here. If you're near a bus garage or service facility that may have one like this, please have a look. The owner would accept a fiberglass cap (I believe it was the only one offered in 1979) as long as looks like the original metal one.

Thank you.

Joe
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 142221
Bus Model: Pipe Creek, TX
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Re: WANTED: 05 New Look Rear Crown

Post by proudeagle10 »

It is hard for me to figure out, what you mean by (The New Look). Heck all the 05 eagle look the same to me. I have a 1972 05 eagle. That I'm willing to cut the part you are looking for. The bus has a rear cap. I would post a pic. if I knew how to post pics. on here. Send me an email at proudeagle10@yahoo.com
if this interest you.--AL.
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

AL simply click on the upload file at the bottom left of the reply screen. If you are using Tapatalk, I don't think you can upload to our site (no button) but some folks upload to their site. On our site we do not have a size restriction.

Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update: I posted more details on how to post pictures on our site here:

http://eagles-international.net/forums/ ... f=8&t=4207
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

proudeagle10 wrote:It is hard for me to figure out, what you mean by (The New Look). Heck all the 05 eagle look the same to me. I have a 1972 05 eagle. That I'm willing to cut the part you are looking for. The bus has a rear cap. I would post a pic. if I knew how to post pics. on here. Send me an email at proudeagle10@yahoo.com
:) :) :)

A HUGE THANKS TO AL!!!

I'm sending both you and Geert a mail in the next few minutes, as soon as the photos load. Geert's email is there just after yours so you two can get in contact.

Thanks again!

Bus & Car
Belgium
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

I have the cap with windows that open and I decided to part the bus as I have sold the new suspension under it, I will try the photo thing here but it so easy for me on Face Book in 1 of the groups, in fact there are some photos of the cap on the Eagles owners FB page
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

OK, I'll have a look when you do. That will give Geert two to choose from.

Better you post the photos on here as I am not on any social media sites, just a few special interest fourms like this one.

Thanks

B & C
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

proudeagle10 wrote:It is hard for me to figure out, what you mean by (The New Look). Heck all the 05 eagle look the same to me. I have a 1972 05 eagle. That I'm willing to cut the part you are looking for. The bus has a rear cap. I would post a pic. if I knew how to post pics. on here. Send me an email at proudeagle10@yahoo.com
:)

I sent this to Al privately but here it is for anyone else that needs the info on Old Look versus New Look concerning the 05 Eagle.

Partway through the 1968 model year Bus & Car introduced the Model 05. It originally was built with the Model 01 rounded body and is refered to as the Old Look 05. There were four visible differences between the Old and New Look 05's if you knew where to look. The first difference was the Old Look 05 had only three bagage doors per side rather than four. The second difference was that the 05 had the tag axle in front of the drive axle, which was the opposite of the 01. The third difference was that the center lens on the three lamp group on each side of the rear of the bus had a white rather than red lens and worked as a backup light. The fourth difference had to do with the fleet number for Continental buses. The four digit system from 1957 was filling up fast for some of the divisions like American and a new system was needed to solve this problem. At some point in 1969 Continental created the five digit system. The first two digits were a code for the owning division. The third division was the type of bus (1=4104, later Model 10 Eagles; 2=4106, later the four Model 15 Eagles assigned to Dixie Lines; 3=Golden Eagles; 401-450=everything else like two Academy Express coaches and GM Fishbowl Suburbans plus the later fleet of Model 10 Suburbans; 451-499=Flxible VL-100 and Clipper Eagles; 5= Model 05 Eagles; 6=Overflow Model 05 Eagles for divisions that had more than 99, 7=Setra, La Burgeoise and B & C 01 and predecessor Eagles; 8=Overflow 01 Eagles for divisions still having more than 99; 9=Golden Eagles converted to Silver Eagles (not all were renumbered) and the renumbering of Edwards Model 05 Eagles into the Safeway numbering system (32901 was first an ex-Golden Eagle and later an ex-Edwards 05 after Edwards had been wound down). As an example, bus 13713 from Central Lines was a Model 01 while 13513 was a Model 05 but they both used the same Old Look body that dated back to 1960.

According to Trailways records, the first 12 Model 05's made in 1969 were with the same Old Look body that the 1968 Model 05's had, maybe to use up the existing stock of body parts. The next Model 05 produced was the first with the squared off body and that is comonly called the New Look 05. It is possible the 12 buses mentioned above were in fact built in Belgium late in 1968 but were not registered in the USA until 1969. In any event, they did get four digit fleet numbers when they arrived rather than 5 digit numbers and were renumbered later in 1969.

05 New Looks also differed from 05 Old looks in that the New Looks had a different frame below the floor level and between the wheels front to back to accomodate the three larger baggage bays. The New Look also had the Drop Box that the Old Look models didn't need. There were also some differences in the Torsalistic suspension as well.

I can post the Continental Trailways Division Numbers in both the four and five digit fleet number systems if anyone is interested.

B & C
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

From my post above...

"05 New Looks also differed from 05 Old looks in that the New Looks had a different frame below the floor level and between the wheels front to back to accomodate the three larger baggage bays. The New Look also had the Drop Box that the Old Look models didn't need. There were also some differences in the Torsalistic suspension as well."

The differences here are in fact those between the 01 and the 05 Old Look which used the 01 body. They are not the differences between the 05 Old Look and the 05 New Look.

Sorry for the confusion.
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

luvrbus wrote:I have the cap with windows that open and I decided to part the bus as I have sold the new suspension under it, I will try the photo thing here but it so easy for me on Face Book in 1 of the groups, in fact there are some photos of the cap on the Eagles owners FB page
PM'ed you! :)
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Joe and Clifford, you have my curiosity up. Can one of you post a picture of this "rear crown"? It is easy to post pictures here now.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.