Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

New Look Eagle 05 Rear Crown

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

New Look Eagle 05 Rear Crown

Post by Bus & Car »

:)

Hi, everyone.

I'm desperately searching for a complete rear crown for a New Look 05 Eagle. Complete means all the metal, the glass, gaskets and the five rear marker lights.

The coach is located in Holland and belongs to Slingerland Tours. They are located just outside of Amsterdam. The buyer will pay shipping costs.

This is a 1972 model with frame number 8873. It was bought new by Harding College in Arkansas to replace a 1955 Flxible Vista-Liner 100. At some point Harding replaced the original crown with a fiberglass one made for a Model 10. Other than that, it's pretty much original except for the seat covers. Slingerland wants to totally restore the coach to its original look less a few small changes needed to comply with local regulations. The coach even still has it's illuminated rear target sign.

If you have something like this in decent condition, please let me know on here. If you're near a bus garage or service facility that may have one like this, please have a look. The owner would accept a fiberglass cap (I believe it was the only one offered in 1979) as long as looks like the original metal one.

Thank you.

Joe
Bus & Car

Re: New Look Eagle 05 Rear Crown

Post by Bus & Car »

If anyone on here is also on the Yahoo Eagle group, would you please post the above announcement on there?

Thank you
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

Thanks for the reply :)

The rear crown is the term that includes all of the metal parts that surround the two rear windows. It goes up to the rear edge of the small (also the last) window on each side and up to the roof. It also includes the five marker lights. My friend needs one that includes the windows, window gaskets and the markers, so a complete assembly. Most surviving 05's have had theirs replaced with fiberglass Model 10 units without windows. If you find the original under the fiberglass one, please let me know and post photos. The crown does not include anything much below the window line such as the panel where the engine air vents and upper rear lamps are. The crown is painted metal and not silversiding.

'New Look' refers to the 1969-78 models. The 1979 models had the same thing but it was fiberglass rather than metal. We could use one of those if it were complete with glass.

B & C
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 142221
Bus Model: Pipe Creek, TX
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Post by proudeagle10 »

Hi Joe

I really don't know what you mean by a "New Look Rear Crown. Can you please explain.
I have an 05 that I have being parting out. I still have the complete back side. It also has a firberglass cap. I don't know what is underneath the firberglass. But could go and find out if I knew what you are looking for.
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier
proudeagle10
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 142221
Bus Model: Pipe Creek, TX
1980 model 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. Shiftier

Post by proudeagle10 »

Tear open the inside of the bus. Looks like every thing is there except the window glass and gasket. Sorry
AL Moreno
proudeagle10
1980 Eagle 10
DD 8V71 Allison 740
S B Hyd. shiftier
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

:) Nothing to be sorry for and thanks for the quick reply, Al. I passed it on to my friend in Holland. He may want some photos. I know where one of the rear windows is located. Gaskets we can do locally if needed but the originals are preferred.

B & C
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

If i can ever make up my mind about parting the 05 out I have the complete metal rear cap with the glass and none are cracked and the marker lights work with no bad lens I am having a hard time putting a torch to this bus not 1 spec of rust and all new suspension front,boogie and the rear, the rear cap has one little ding on the drivers side I'll let you know I know it worth more for parts I just hate to see another Eagle gone

Clifford
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

Hi, Clifford

The original can easily be replaced by a fiberglass Model 10 version. Hang on and I'll get back to you later today or tomorrow. Also, can you please make a few pix, especially of the dinged area?

Thank you

Joe

B & C
MrBreeze
Club Member
Club Member

Post by MrBreeze »

Joe, There Is A 1967 Eagle Rear Cap Just Listed On EBAY Under EAGLE BUS. Its In Florida.

Hope This Helps You.

10-4

MrBreeze 8-)
John & Stephanie
1972 Silver Eagle 05 8V71 4 Speed Man.(TRAILWAYS)
1984 Eagle 10 45 Foot... 60 Series / B500
Bus & Car

Post by Bus & Car »

Thanks, Mr. Breeze, but 1967 is the 01 style body that was also used on the first 05's and we need the New Look (1969-79) 05 version.

B & C