Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Silver Eagle 01 Cummins M-11/RR 10spd rhbelter

Got an Eagle for sale? Looking for an Eagle? How about parts? As long as it is Eagle or bus conversion related, feel free to post it here. This is a public forum.
NOTE: Be smart about what personal information you post in your ad.
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F92654
Bus Model: Eagle -01 1967 Cummins M-11 10 spd OD RR

Silver Eagle 01 Cummins M-11/RR 10spd rhbelter

Post by rhbelter »

My 1967 Silver Eagle -01 s/n 7300 ‘For Sale’

Ahoy, Eagle Folks,

My Silver Eagle-01 is reluctantly now for sale!!!!
Strictly an ‘age’ thing. My current health is OK, but I’m a truly certified ‘OLD FELLOW’, or words to that general effect. We are no longer able to make the long trips which we have enjoyed. This Silver Eagle is NOT a back-lot critter, hauled out of the weeds and fired up to sell. It has been a ‘running – going – concern’ for more than fifteen years now.

This bus is NOT for everyone. As noted below, you must be technically able handle it, and it really is a ‘fit’ for someone who plans to run a lot of miles, A modern electronic engine (178 hr) Cummins M-11 400 hp, and (the world’s ONLY sync’ed) RoadRanger 10 spd OD transmission. VERY successful, and my fuel mileage is --- my claim — better than anyone else, by a nice margin. -- Now @ ~~ 68,xxx miles.

The ‘heavy lifting’ has been done for years, with very successful hull/chassis and running gear. Complete Proheat diesel furnace –w- six (6) A/C compressor HVAC hydronic system. Genset is 12KW. Whirlpool bath tub, queen bed. All electric –w- two selectable 2000 watt ProSine full sine wave inverters, ten (10) house batteries /w/ ProFil watering scheme. Works great. New Peninsula windows last year, new urethane paint this month. Interior is not complete, but what is done is good work. That is, you won’t feel that you will need to tear out a bunch of stuff and do it over.

The buyer must be someone with electrical system diagnostic capability. There are included complete AutoCad drawings of the electrics. (Most buyers of bus conversions get NUTHIN)!!! YOU, the new owner MUST be able to manage the maintenance, and diagnose faults (or have someone ‘tame’ to work on it and deal with any problems).

The electrical system is completely different from conventional bus wiring practice. This system is comprised of control panels and computer cabling, RS232 -- nine, fifteen, and twenty five pin connectors and cables. These panels and switches control ordinary ‘Din’ five pin relays, mostly on a relay panel, from a motherboard in the right front, and another in the engine compartment. There are two heavy electric buss cables from the rear, but not very many more ordinary wires -- just the RS232 cables. Some critical systems have three wire-paths for redundancy. The motherboard is quite easy to remove, bring into the shop, and make changes. Has been very trouble free.

SHIFT SYNCHRO:

TEN Speed overdrive RoadRanger RTO1110

My claim is: The world’s ONLY synchro’ed ten speed transmission.

There is a road speed signal taken from the transmission, and a ‘map’ which details the gear for each speed range. Another engine speed signal goes into the PLC, which is mounted above the driver seat. There is a display which shows which gear is the target. Pull the trigger on the shifter, and the engine is ‘goosed’ to synch. Just drag it into the displayed gear. It really is that easy, though it requires some learning. BTW, there is NO shift pattern chart displayed. Bus conversions are stolen. If a guy gets into this one, finds a clutch pedal, a shifter on the left side with buttons all over it and no shift pattern, I’ll bet that he will look for one which is easier.

There are a LOT more pix and detailed information available -- ‘Indeed, A corporate history’.. Pix: From the years; Now, new paint.
Https://picasaweb.google.com/rhbelter/B ... 3877118562" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please email me -- rhbelter 'name at domain' comcast.net. Note: The 'name at domain' is to be replaced with @, to foil the spam bums. Bus is here at my home in Carmel CA 92923.

The asking price of $40,000 is way below the value of this bus, in order to give it a good home where it can survive/thrive. Compared with a DD 2cycle/Allison Eagle, this bus is so economical that at 100,000 miles it will be ~~free.

Enjoy /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110
Gary LaBombard
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F185090
Bus Model: 1973 Model 05 Eagle

Re: Silver Eagle 01 Cummins M-11/RR 10spd rhbelter

Post by Gary LaBombard »

Robert,
I am sorry to see you sell your Coach, you probably don't remember me in a conversation we had but it was your coach that made me decide to make mine smooth sided similar to yours when I removed my fluted siding and found the framing (what framing) nearly gone. Anyhow I am still glad for deciding to go smooth on mine because of your bus and am sorry we will not meet up one day on the road like I planned.
Good luck with the sale.
Gary
Owner of the "Rustless Money Pit" 1973 Model 05 Eagle.
http://busconverter101.com for instructional video
Eaglesinternational bb'd best site for Eagle owners to receive information.
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, Eagle Folk,
Sorry ‘bout the link to Picasa. I checked the ‘Do not automatically parse URLs’ box, and this link seems OK now. I’m having a problem uploading new pix to the Picasa web site, so these pix are taken over the years. Eagle looks about the same now with the new paint, the new windows are not shown. When I resolve the upload problem, I’ll post some more pix.

https://picasaweb.google.com/rhbelter/B ... IyYncvnVA#

Enjoy /s/ Bob
Bob Belter Carmel CA ---- Eagle -01 /w/ Cummins M-11/ Roadranger ten speed RTO1110
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, Eagle folks,

OK, the Picasa problems are fixed.

Her are new pix of my Silver Eagle Bus, with it's new great paint job, from a week and a half ago at the Nugget Reno/Sparks/TailHook13.

As you can see, it is NOT a back-yard dog. I'd estimate that the genset ran for ~~ 40 hours, to keep the bus cooled down.

https://picasaweb.google.com/rhbelter/2013916BusNewPix?authkey=Gv1sRgCNHfnuWZhJzjuQE#

Enjoy /s/ Bob
rhbelter
Club Member
Club Member

Post by rhbelter »

Ahoy, Eagle Folks,

My Silver Eagle-01 is reluctantly now for sale!!!!

Here are more pix for you:
https://picasaweb.google.com/rhbelter/201310SilverEagle01?authkey=Gv1sRgCP-tuNOfjL_agQE#

There was an inquiry about ‘Bunk beds’???? How’s about two ‘KID-CAVES’ in BB1 and BB2. Plenty of room, The forward bay is ~~32.5” f/r, the second is 47.5” f/r. Almost 8’ wide, by ~~30” head room. Access through a hatch cut into the center floor to BB2 which can be 15.75” wide by 35” f/r (~~44” possible). Would require re-dress mounting of the two Zantec inverters. Sheesh, I could get through there, and I’m 6’2” (and less agile than a boy). The outer diagonal braces between BB1and BB2 can be easily removed, with no ill effects on the integrity of the bus. (The center verticals and included diagonal remain). Only of interest with high BB loads in corners. (Kids don’t weigh much). With that, there is space for left side and right side Kid-Caves near seven feet long. Should work OK. You can toss the bikes and toys out when you park and need the caves.

Eagle Folks, I’m about to list this Eagle on more public places for ‘THE GREAT UNWASHED’.

Enjoy /s/ Bob