Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Advice on wiring

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Dtsmith
Bus Model: 1970 05 Eagle with 10 speed road ranger transmission, 350 Cummings with jakes

Advice on wiring

Post by Dtsmith »

We bought our 1970 05 Eagle in 2013 from North Carolina and have
Put on many miles in that time. This year 2019, we needed to do some badly needed rust repair in the front and fender wells, some of the support rails. Most of the front has the new metal welded and in place. Started to day to cut out the rusted metal in the drivers side fender well and accidentally cut into some wires that were tucked into the metal frame located left rear corner of the drivers compartment. Need to know where this bunch of wires go to in order to fix them. Also, need a source to buy manuals for this bus. Thank you.

I am trying to submit a picture to show where the wires are but I do not know how to do this as I am not very experienced in the computer
Attachments
FC47B1ED-8B0B-4426-AD4C-6E45AA806DF8.jpeg
Dtsmith
Bus Model: 1970 05 Eagle with 10 speed road ranger transmission, 350 Cummings with jakes

Re: Advice on wiring

Post by Dtsmith »

Oh, I guess I did post a photo
Dtsmith

Post by Dtsmith »

Cut wires
Cut wires
Here are the cut wires
DoubleEagle
Club Member
Club Member
Bus Model: 1975 Model 05 Eagle
1982 Model 10 Eagle
1984 Model 10 Eagle
1994 Model 15-45 Eagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

If you have any luck, each wire will have a different color code, and you will either have to splice in a short connector, or rewire the circuit. They may be for coach lighting that is not in use anymore. I would clean up the hot end coming from the electrical panel to separate the wires so that no shorting can occur, and then test each one to see if any are hot, then flip switches to see what works or not. A wiring diagram might help, but previous owners may have made a lot of changes. No sense in fixing a wire that serves no purpose, and if something critical is no longer working it will be obvious. Needless to say, look before you cut. You might even find tubes that are filled with water, so tap on the tubes to hear what they sound like.
Walter
Dayton, Ohio
1975 Silvereagle Model 05, 8V71, 4 speed Spicer
1982 Eagle Model 10, 6V92, 5 speed Spicer
1984 Eagle Model 10, 6V92 w/Jacobs, Allison HT740
1994 Eagle Model 15-45, Series 60 w/Jacobs, Allison HT746
930dreamer

Post by 930dreamer »

How much rust repair are you going to have to do? Are these areas common rust spots on the Eagles? The 73 Eagle I looked at has damage here among other areas.
Attachments
20190627_135109.jpg
Dtsmith

Post by Dtsmith »

Does any one know where the wires that we accidently cut come out of. We can see that they were tucked into the tube framing but we need to know where they exit to, we don’t want to be pulling the entire ceiling down. The frame tubing with the wires are directly behind the drivers seat on the left side. Thank you
Bob Gilbert
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: f367175
Bus Model: 1977 05 roof raised 7" 10 speed roadranger manual

Post by Bob Gilbert »

The wirelum comes out of the same tube under headliner above driver. When I did my conversion I elemated all but clearence lights and one hot above driver.
I have a pulse generator for spedo but they will only work with stock spedo. Pm me your shipping info if interested.
Good luck Bob
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Post by akroyaleagle »

I posted wiring diagrams and color/codes some time ago. They should be in the technical archives of this Board.
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
Dtsmith

Post by Dtsmith »

Thank you Joe, I will search for them
Dtsmith

Post by Dtsmith »

Bob Gilbert wrote:The wirelum comes out of the same tube under headliner above driver. When I did my conversion I elemated all but clearence lights and one hot above driver.
I have a pulse generator for spedo but they will only work with stock spedo. Pm me your shipping info if interested.
Good luck Bob
Hi BOb, I sent you a PM regarding the pulse generator, not to sure if you received it.