Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

how do I open the engine compartment? lol

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
michaelbarrow11
Bus Model: 1973 Silver Eagle 05

how do I open the engine compartment? lol

Post by michaelbarrow11 »

I have a 1973 eagle 05. I feel retarded asking this question. Lol. I found the clip on the top behind the driver's side taillight fender thingy. That's all.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: how do I open the engine compartment? lol

Post by beltguy »

Hi Michael. The Eagles that I am familiar with do not have a locking system on the engine compartment door. You simply lift the door with the handle.

It is possible that someone has installed some sort of system. If that is the case, maybe posting a photo will help.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Sometimes, as in my case, when louvers are installed on the engine door, the handle goes away. Just lift a lower louver. Unless there has been a major change, you should clearly see the hinges for the hatch at the top.
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
michaelbarrow11
Bus Model: 1973 Silver Eagle 05

Post by michaelbarrow11 »

I got the engine compartment open I just had to yank on the handle extra hard.