Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

rain leaking into front 1979 model 5

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Whitney
Bus Model: 1979 eagle 5

rain leaking into front 1979 model 5

Post by Whitney »

My earlier post would not have been necessary had I taken the time to look at all the articles posted earlier. I am very sorry about that. I am fully aware that most of you guys have encountered the same problems new owners like myself are having. I am so appreciative of your patience with me. As mentioned in another post, I have removed most of the dash on the passenger side taking out the heater box, replaced the windshield wiper motors, (if anybody wants the air motors, they are welcome). and now I see rain coming in from what appears to be the window. After reading your posts, I realize that it may be easy to take the window out, not so much to put it back in. Also fitting the gasket appears to be a nightmare. Two questions:
1. Am I on the right trail replacing the windshield gaskets, do they frequently leak.
2. Where do I buy the gaskets, Do you all have a post explaining the trick. Thanks in advance.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: rain leaking into front 1979 model 5

Post by beltguy »

Whitney, do not worry about not finding information on our site prior to asking a question. As you already know, there is a mountain of information to dig through and it can be challenging to find related threads. Post your questions and we will point you in the right direction if we can.

Concerning your windshield issues, there are a couple of threads that might help. I am only listing this one (http://eaglesinternational.net/eagles-i ... 8b121b3e28) since the other thread is embedded in this one.

My windshield leaks as well, but we don't get much rain and it has not been bad enough to raise to the top of the to-do list. I always figured I would use a pressure washer on the windshield to find the leak and put some of the windshield "glue" mentioned in the linked thread to seal the leak. At least it is worth a try.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Whitney
Bus Model: 1979 eagle 5

Re: rain leaking into front 1979 model 5

Post by Whitney »

oh that is a great idea. It will beat taking the windshield out. I have broken a few. Please tell me again about your friend that lives part of the year on lake Livingston with the eagle and late model Detroit. I am sure he is waterlogged right now with the rest of us. Thanks again. It is so nice not having to reinvent the wheel everytime you want to fix something.