Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Torsion bolt bent

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
Redeagle84
Bus Model: 84 eagle 10

Torsion bolt bent

Post by Redeagle84 »

Hi friends,

Working in the 84 eagle 10 doing the torsion s. Got boggie idexed and weighed out while doing driver side nuts noticed that the rear bar is bent slightly. How bad is this? Should I stop what doing to try and rip our threaded bar? Can I continue course and keep fixing?

Additional in pa for week from Denver to work in this so time is limited

Please help with your guidance
Redeagle84

Re: Torsion bolt bent

Post by Redeagle84 »

Shot of bolt
Attachments
KIMG0158.JPG
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Welcome to our forum Adam

I am not able to figure out what the picture is showing. Maybe if you post a couple more pictures.

If it is the adjustment bolt is is probably not a big deal. If is it the end of the Torsilastic, then I think the problem is significant.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Redeagle84

Post by Redeagle84 »

Hi Jim and thanks for quick response, it is the adjustment bolt on the driver side. The tag was at 200 and suspect that might be the cause

Who would have guessed the suspension would be such a big job. Thank you to all those that have put together the guides and have photos uploaded to thier sites. Without those this job would be impossible
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

You will need to change the bolt to adjust it they are a bitch when straight Ed at Jefferson has those and the price is not bad just sometimes they hard to replace with a lot of corrosion between the pin and arm

good luck