Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

series 60 air to air

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
mbrooks
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f352308
Bus Model: 1994 eagle model 15

series 60 air to air

Post by mbrooks »

I have a 94 model 15 and the cool air charger is leaking. Anyone know where I can get one or know the model number? Also the Allison 746 is not talking to the engine and does not soft shift or always runs up to 2100 rpm before shifting. I have been told this is an Eagle problem with a little box in the engine compartment. Anyone have any ideas where to find one or who knows about this?

Happy Trails
Mike
Flat Tire
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: series 60 air to air

Post by rusty »

Mike maybe someone knows were to get a CAC. I would think the best bet is to go to someone like Serck and have them build one. About the little box I don't know of an Eagle box that controls the engine or the trans I would think it is the computer on the trans. Someone smarter than me will chime in.

Wayne
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Mike, I would guess that your bus has the side by side radiator and CAC. Either one would be unique to Eagle.

I would take a close look at repairing your current unit. CACs don't corrode like radiators, so repairing the leaks should not be all that big of a problem.

Like Wayne, I am not familiar with the Series 60/Allison 746 control system. Part of my problem is that I don't know anything about a 746 transmission. If it is an electronic controlled transmission, then its ECM would have to talk to the DDEC on the Series 60. If it is a mechanical control system, then I think I have read that there is a control module that will work with an electronic engine. Hopefully someone with a better understanding of this transmission.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Re the Ht746, I did a bit of searching. Turns out that it is an electronic transmission (ATEC).

THEN, I discovered that I had uploaded the trouble shooting manual here http://eagles-international.net/forums/ ... =15&t=4472

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

You need the CEC (commercial electronic control) manual to trouble shoot the 746 the ATEC manual is not much help.It communicates through a translator box to a 60 series or the electronic 92 series and those were OEM not from Allison,the 746 is a 740 with 6 solenoids on the valve body and they can be a night mare since Allison has dropped all support.I buy my CAC from a outfit in Tulsa I can get the name for you

good luck
mbrooks
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: f352308
Bus Model: 1994 eagle model 15

Post by mbrooks »

Thanks guys for the input. I found a cac from Frankie in North Carolina. As far as the 746 I will keep searching. It has been like this since I've owned the bus.
Flat Tire
ericbsc
FMCA #: 12345678
Bus Model: 1973 Eagle 05

Post by ericbsc »

There are no electronic parts, or connectors left out there for the ATTEC series. It is electronically
controlled, but is not j1939. This means it has several wires instead of three. I would talk to Ted Keating at TKT Transmission. HE has all the software for the older units.

https://www.allisontransmissionpart.com/index.php
Eric Brown
Spartanburg, SC
1973 05
Series 60 allison 4000MHP