Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Wipe New

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Wipe New

Post by John Mellis »

So I "installed" the wipe new product on my aluminum siding & am very pleased with the results. The siding had no attention in approx 4 yrs. Used almost 2 bottles. After a week now I can see some of the "lines" "cloudiness" starting to show through. Thinking about "installing" another coat. On the wipe new web site you can find a product made for boats & metal. You have to call to inquire so I might just do that. Maybe they'll send a trial kit so I can report my findings to you guys. lol
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
goldgiter
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time

Re: Wipe New

Post by goldgiter »

You are polishing yours and I haven't even washed mine yet! :lol:

Wes
Wes Jackson
85 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Like others, I have tired several things for our anodized aluminum finish. Most don't do much

I messed up my engine door over the years by using citrus based sprays to clean it off. I always rinsed the stuff off, but it really messed the aluminum up. I tried the Wipe New and it really seemed to do a good job. Not perfect, but much better. I probably need to do it again (maybe twice). Here is their website: http://www.wipenew.com/

As was noted, they have several products. I am pretty sure this is the one I used: http://www.amazon.com/Wipe-New-WN6PCMST ... r+restorer

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Dreamscape
FMCA #: F391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

Post by Dreamscape »

Which Wipe New product did you use? Ours has been on for a couple of years and can use a recoat. I still haven't seen any cloudiness showing through.

This is the one I used, recommended by Sonnie Gray.
Attachments
Wipe New Kit c.jpg
Paul Lawry
Dreamscape
1968 Eagle 01 #7443
Silver 8V92 HT 740

Dreamscape Build Blog: https://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/
John Mellis
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F406126
Bus Model: 1982 Eagle 10

Post by John Mellis »

Paul,
That's the one I used. It took 2 bottles. I talked to Nick at Avento corp. which is the company that invented & makes all the wipe new products. Everything I did was done properly. My siding just might be a bit tired to say the least. He also recommends wiping down with acetone to absolutely make sure all oils are gone. He also stated to be very careful not to install late in the day if you're expecting any moisture in the air like above 40-45%. If moisture is present between the wipe new & metal you probably will get cloudiness. So here's the rest of the story about Wipe New. Rustoleum is now the "distributor-promoter" of about 5 of the basic products. Avento is however still handling the bulk lines like wipe new in 32 oz. or wipe new marine or wipe new fleet. So there's a product for metals which he tells me is essentially the same product as the Wipe New Fleet. The bulk products can be found at www.wipenewpro.com. Another thing we talked about is that once applied it locks & there's no need to reapply because the new coat will probably bead up & not even get to the metal. So we agreed that when it's time for me to go another round which will probably be next spring that is when I'll order the "Fleet" in 32 oz & acetone the heck out of it prior to application. I am pleased with the results & do recommend Wipe New.
John & Tara Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 DD 6V92 Allison Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...