Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Front 8V71 leak identification

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
thomasinnv
Bus Model: 1998 MCI 102-DL3
11.1 Series 60 w/ Allison B500

Re: Front 8V71 leak identification

Post by thomasinnv »

Mine looks exactly the same on my 8v71, it has a plug in it similar to a freeze plug.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
jcb
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle Model 10

Post by jcb »

Did you ever get this figured out? The picture you posted, looks exactly like my leak. (front-top of engine, directly in front of the blower). Makes a nice, big pond of oil, and runs down the left side like a waterfall. I've buttoned it up for the winter, but before I start tearing it apart in the spring, I'd like to have an idea of what I'm looking for.

Thanks,
jcb
Jim Cummings
1983 Model 10
8V71
Auto Trans
Tour Bus Conversion Ex-Senator Coach
http://www.thejimcummingsband.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thomasinnv
Bus Model: 1998 MCI 102-DL3
11.1 Series 60 w/ Allison B500

Post by thomasinnv »

Most of the time the leak is elsewhere and just pools in the low spot there and runs over giving the appearance as though it's coming from there when in fact it is more likely a valve cover or maybe the governor cover or some other nearby area.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
jcb
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle Model 10

Post by jcb »

Turned out to be a leaking front seal on the Blower. Coming out at the bottom, under the Governor, pooling, and flowing down the left side of the engine. Nothing easy about it.
Jim Cummings
1983 Model 10
8V71
Auto Trans
Tour Bus Conversion Ex-Senator Coach
http://www.thejimcummingsband.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;