Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Mountain Brake on Eagle, Model 12

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
hambone2357
Bus Model: 1973 Silver Eagle, just purchased bus, not sure about model at this time.

Mountain Brake on Eagle, Model 12

Post by hambone2357 »

Just purchased my Eagle and have not had it on the road yet. Trying to figure out everything about it. I am an X truck driver and my tractor had a Jake brake with Eaton 10 speed Transmission. My Eagle 1973, Model 12 with 6v92 and auto transmission, is the Mountain brake the same as a Jake Brake?
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Re: Mountain Brake on Eagle, Model 12

Post by luvrbus »

Very unique bus you have there Hambone in the model 12,a good friend of mine Allan Kraft of Kraft Tours in Tulsa Ok imported those 2 model 12's from Germany or Belgium he sold 1 to a pilot and the other to a church
I have driven them both but I don't recall the mountain brake switch maybe the PO owner is calling the Jakes mountain brakes when I was around Allan the buses had the 8V71 engine without Jakes.

A very nice find you don't see many 35 ft Eagles If you look at Allan's web under gallery you can see a photo of 1 of the model 12's (Kraft Tours) taken years ago fwiw
k9disc

Post by k9disc »

I think the rig that hambone mentioned is one I'm looking at right now, and I think that hambone is a pilot. :D

Any thoughts or info on the coach, luvrbus?
k9disc

Post by k9disc »

k9disc wrote:I think the rig that hambone mentioned is one I'm looking at right now, and I think that hambone is a pilot. :D

VIN is 8020. Might want to tell Joe Richards.

It is for sale in Little Rock. Here's the link:
https://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 42921.html

And here it is at Kraft Tours in 2007 (2nd from left) -

Loved my little online investigation.

I really like it, but no maintenance records are conveyed.
Bus & Car
Bus Model: 2011 Fiat Van, my daily driver.

Post by Bus & Car »

k9disc wrote:
k9disc wrote:I think the rig that hambone mentioned is one I'm looking at right now, and I think that hambone is a pilot. :D

VIN is 8020. Might want to tell Joe Richards.

It is for sale in Little Rock. Here's the link:
https://littlerock.craigslist.org/cto/d ... 42921.html

And here it is at Kraft Tours in 2007 (2nd from left) -

Loved my little online investigation.

I really like it, but no maintenance records are conveyed.
"VIN is 8020. Might want to tell Joe Richards."
I've just seen it!

Thank you!!!

I've known about those two coaches for decades and have seen a photo or two over the years. If your frame number is 8020, that's a HUGE surprise for me!!! The 8000 series was supposedly reserved for prototypes and other oddballs. Most of the numbers were not used. If yours is 8020, the other one is likely 8019 or 8021. I think they have those odd numbers to separate them from Model 12's that were sold new in Europe and in Thailand. The US versions had different headlights and US markings on the gauges like MPH, PSI and °F rather than Km/h, Bar and °C.

The Model 12 was nearly identical to it's sister, the Model 15. The first 12's had no destination sign on the front (perhaps an option) but otherwise looked like an 05 with about the same amount of vertical separation between the upper and lower windshields. The first 15's had the windshield go up to where the top of the sign would have been. That meant there was very little vertical separation between the upper and lower windshields. There may have been a few technical differences as well but would have been minor. Perhaps one of them was designed for the US market (the 12) and the other for the rest of the planet.

By the way, how wide is your 12? 96 or 98.4 inches? The wider figure is 2.5 meters in metric measurements so the 15 would have been the European standard width. Same thing for the length. I know they were less than 40 feet long, but how much less were they?

The Model 09 for South African Railways seems to be closely related. The main difference was the 09's had three axles.

Any close up photos would be greatly appreciated.
Stay Fine As A Porcupine!!!///Reste Trés Bien Comme Un Porc-Épic!!!