Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Heat and ac removal

This is a public forum to discuss Eagle related technical issues. If you are having a problem with your Eagle, this is the place to find help.
goldgiter
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time

Heat and ac removal

Post by goldgiter »

I have removed the ac compressor and all related pieces.
There is a box that was behind the fan that I am assuming was the waste water tank for the original bus toilet. There are 2 T handles and 2 quick connectors in the small compartment just forward of the ac compartment. Am I correct in assuming that this was part of the original toilet?
No pics yet but I am working on it! :?

Wes
Wes Jackson
85 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Re: Heat and ac removal

Post by beltguy »

Hi Wes

My bus did not have a restroom ;) , so I do not have first hand experience. However, I went to my maintenance manual and the attached PDF looks like what you described. It is called a restroom service panel.

Jim
Attachments
Restroom Service Panel.pdf
(62.08 KiB) Downloaded 676 times
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
goldgiter
Quit'n Time

Post by goldgiter »

Thanks Jim, that is what my panel looks like.
I have pics down loading to my computer and will try to get them to photo bucket.
I am a computer idiot but I am trying. :roll:

Wes
Wes Jackson
85 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Wes, there is no need to use Photobucket. Simply click on the "upload attachment" at the bottom of the reply. You can upload any size photo from your computer. Each post can have four photos.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
goldgiter
Quit'n Time

Post by goldgiter »

I got all the bus heat and air out and all the water hoses capped off from the engine, only thing left is 2 3/4'' hoses that go to the front of the bus. I am assuming the are for the driver heat and defrost.
I tried to down load some pictures today and got some kind of malware thing popping up on my computer!!! :roll:
I have found a few area in my rust free bus that are rusted out. Not real bad or hard to fix but I don't know how I missed them, oh well, life goes on.

Wes
Wes Jackson
85 Eagle Model 10
Quit'n Time
AQUALAUGE
Bus Model: 45' Model 15 Factory Raised Roof

Post by AQUALAUGE »

Yes you are correct, the pull valve(s) are for the toilet dump and the quick disconnect is to fill the factory toilet.
davida
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10

Post by davida »

goldgiter wrote:I got all the bus heat and air out and all the water hoses capped off from the engine, only thing left is 2 3/4'' hoses that go to the front of the bus. I am assuming the are for the driver heat and defrost.
I tried to down load some pictures today and got some kind of malware thing popping up on my computer!!! :roll:
I have found a few area in my rust free bus that are rusted out. Not real bad or hard to fix but I don't know how I missed them, oh well, life goes on.

Wes
Those 2 3/4" hoses also go to the coach heaters. In my 10 the heat exchangers were to the left and right of the fuel tank just inside the bogie wheels. I removed them and put my gray water tanks in each side. I left one of the two 12v heater pumps and used it and the hoses to the front for driver heat and defrost. It's been flawless for 17 years now.

Wow, you are bringing back memories of how much work all my conversion was. Good luck with yours.

David
Magellan
Bus Model: 1971 model 05 Silver Eagle

Post by Magellan »

Do most get rid of the coach AC system?
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by beltguy »

Karl, welcome to our forum

Most do remove both the heat and AC. The AC components will be old and often create problems. Trying to keep the system charged and working can be a real challenge and costly. The system has ducts that protrude into the bus at the floor and that presents a bit of a challenge to the conversion.

If the bus is converted to an RV, the over-the-road AC will not see as much use as the seated bus or an entertainer coach that is on the road a bunch.

Many of us have installed a good aftermarket dash air that will keep us comfortable most of the time. On hot days we close off the back half of the bus and Dash air does a pretty good job. If we are heading west in the afternoon, we can start the generator and run the house AC.

For sure, the bus AC, if working, will keep you very cool.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
Magellan
Bus Model: 1971 model 05 Silver Eagle

Post by Magellan »

Thanks beltguy.
My MC9 still had the coach heat which also did the front defrost, is the SE system similar?
Any place where I can download cooling system schematics, electrical diagrams, etc?