Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

QUARTZSITE 2013

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
Sonnie Gray
Club Officer
Club Officer
FMCA #: F215907
Bus Model: 72 0/5 Eagle 3406 Cat, 70 0/5, 85 Model 10

QUARTZSITE 2013

Post by Sonnie Gray »

QUARTZSITE RALLY / GATHERING JANUARY 17 thru 20

At the meeting in BRANSON, no one volunteered to be RALLY HOST.
It was decided to have a Rally with no frills, no meeting, no big meal, etc.
Basically you will be on your on. It will be at the same place as usual, we
will be parking with the GM bunch and also the Flex. bunch will be there.
The ANNUAL MEETING will be ON LINE some time next year. Date to be
determined later.

Thank You!
SONNIE GRAY

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS PLEASE CALL ME.
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Re: QUARTZSITE 2013

Post by Liberty »

We will see you there if you are there.
ace
Bus Model: 1992 Prevost H3

QUARTZSITE 2013

Post by ace »

Sounds like one of our NRG's!

It was brought to my attention that the SE Busnut rally in Hoboken had a meeting that lasted 2 1/2 hours and nothing much got resolved other than everything stayed the same with one exception, half the attendees are going to start their own rally next year at a different location on the same dates!

It never ends!

Attend an NRG and you will definitely have more fun or I should say, there's more fun to be had!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Our meeting are nothing close to that Ace what in the world could you have to discuss in 2 1/2 hrs about a club if ours last over thirty minutes the Prez is left there talking to his or her self

Clifford
ace
Bus Model: 1992 Prevost H3

QUARTZSITE 2013

Post by ace »

Clifford I wasnt there. Just told to me! Thats one reason I was cured of attending rallies with meetings and officers!
Heck I JUST found out that ive been hammered on for starting the NRG'S!
Everyone does what they want, goes where they want and eats what they want so what difference does it make if it has a meeting or not? Meet when ya eat is my motto!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Sonnie, thanks for the announcement.

Unfortunately, like several folks, we will probably not be able to attend. With the fuel costs what they are, we just can't justify the expenses for a rather short rally. We have good friends in Yuma that have invited us to stay for a while (we had a ton of fun the two times we did stay with them). Maybe we will hit the loto :)

There was a thread on the January rally in this forum. Since this is now the official notice, I moved the other thread to the General Eagle Chat forum to avoid confusion.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

It does not look like we will be making the Q this year, we are thinking maybe South Texas for a new adventure.
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Andy, where about in South Texas while the temp is good in the Rio valley the wind blows like crazy all the time in the winter months but the grapefruit is good lol.

The coast is ok on some days most of the time it will be overcast in the winter

San Antonio is place the River Walk is nice in the winter that is about as far down as we go in the winter you got this info from a Texan fwiw

Good luck
Clifford
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

I'm thinking the River walk is where we will be heading. I would klike to find a nice park in that area but still out of the city.
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member

Post by luvrbus »

Andy, the Blazing Star Rv Resort not bad on price and off the highway on loop 1604 west you will love it and close is a HEB grocery store that is the largest grocery I have ever seen in my life plenty of restaurants and good prices at the stations for fuel check that place out nicest in SA easy to get to also eat plenty of BBQ

Oh be sure and stop at a Texas welcome center on the way and pickup one of the Texas Campground coupon books it will save you some of the easy money you make and plus the Blazing Star will have coupons on their site,I leave the coupon part to Sonja lol

Clifford