Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Rally in the Rockies.....It's Over!

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
dukedelmar
FMCA #: 414876
Bus Model: 1974 Silver Eagle 05

Rally in the Rockies.....It's Over!

Post by dukedelmar »

Where to start?
First place to start is to thank everyone for coming. As I have said, we could not of done it without you!....Give yourself a round of applause for making this happen. :D ;)

Not sure where I left off, we had a bit of a problem with the internet at the campground, so I figured I would wait until we got home to catch everybody up!
It is Sunday,,,10 days from the first coach arrival at Pintzsite (our house,) to the end of a fantastic Rally. Now, I know I will repeat myself, but I can't thank everyone enough who pitched in.
Dave St. John for kitchen duties, among other duties
Renae & Dennis Hafenbreadl for cooking, cleaning & trailer use.
The table set up and table cloth crew for Monday nights dinner
The tent hold down crew! You know who you are! More than
once occasion they came into play (damn Wyoming weather)
Bob & Sandi Gilbert for cleaning up the pavillion
Don Gourley for getting the donuts
The Jefferson for supplying the donuts
Richard Struck, manning the coffee pot.
Bobby Chitwood for the Entertainment...plus many many more, who just did what they had to do to get it done!

Just to review, Friday August 19th, 6 days before the start of the rally, we had our first coach pull onto our property, they keepta comin, to the tune of 13 total coaches on our dirt!
The pre rally lasted a full 5 days, and we moved to the campground. Musta been some sight to see all those Eagles pass through our little cowboy town.
The campground had its share of early arrivals, another 10 or 12 were ready to go before the starting date.
We got everyone parked with no problem, and the fun restarted.
Ladies craft show, pig roast, fire pit hang out,,,nothing but pure fun on opening day.
Our opening night dinner was great, and everyone left with a full belly! From The smoked pig, to the bread pudding with whiskey sauce, everyone enjoyed.
Thursday morning we had the trolley come pick up 44 people! So many that we over booked it by 5 people.
The open cook out on Thursday night was a great time. We though we have 5 or 6, don't know how many showed up, but it was a bunch!!! :roll:
Thursday night, we went to the rodeo, 53 strong, so many that they had to send us our own bus to bring everyone back to the campground! The rodeo clown gave us a shout out, and quickly realized we were the dominating group there, so he and the announcer had a little fun with us!
We got reports that we were getting radio coverage. We were directly across from the Big Horn Radio Network. They are 5 or 6 stations in the Cody and surrounding area.
It seemed the morning radio D.J. looked out at the campground, saw the EARLY ARRIVALS, and said to his audience..."man you should see the motor homes across the street from us at The Absaroka Campground, they are beautiful! Must be worth around a Million dollars each!!! When I told that to the group, we all had thoughts of getting him to get his listeners together so we could sell at a super discounted price, but we all had second thoughts!
I went over to the radio station, did my schitck...told them that there is plenty more coming. When we finally got settled, 35 coaches were directly across from the radio station, and that is all they talked about. I left the campground this morning, went to our fuel depot to fill up, and someone saw my bus, stopped and asked me if I was part of the bus rally down the street. When I explained it to him, he shook my hand and said he never saw anything like it! Made me feel great! :D :D

Saturday Night, August 27,2011 at what we are calling the Post Rally...9 of us stayed over, Pam had her first crisises! At 6 p.m. we planned on having yet another cook out for the remaining guests. At 5:30, Pam came out of the bus in a dither, and said that she thought she had a big pan of Pork, left over from the Pig Roast. When she went to heat it up, she found out that it was RICE PUDDING!!! :oops:
I Jumped on the ATV, went to Albertson Supermarket, and we ended up with Hamburgers and Hot Dogs!

Man what a time we had! Pam & I would like to give a special thanks to the club (Lani inspired) for making the donation to help
Ramona, in her 100 mile bike ride in N.Y.C. in October. It is a Susan G. Komen race for the cure. Ramona and Pam work together for Nabisco. Nabisco told her that they would match any donations she received. Bet they will have second thought about doing that again! :P Besides the clubs donation, others in the group gave over $ 300.00 to help the cause. THANKS each and EVERY one of you! We will keep all posted on the outcome.
I know she won't get it, but we would like to thank Ramona for getting all the cookies and goodies for the group!

Before I get out of control ( and I tend to do that), I just want to show what this group is made of.
The trolley and I worked out a deal for a discounted rate if I got 20 people....we had 44
The Rodeo gave us a discount if we could muster 20 people...we had 53
The transportation said they would transport us if we had 20 or more....had 53 on the bus!

The Pig Races...the Sunday before our start date, I reserved 20-24 seats for us ( a restaurant that may hold 60 people) we had 34 people

It is all about having fun with people,,,all with different personalities and beliefs, but one thing in common....that big ass bus! We know we went overboard, here or there. By no means were we trying to overshadow or out do anyone, we just wanted to make those who did not make it, think about what they missed, and really, really think about what they may miss when a future rally comes about, if they sit home. Every coach owner knows their bus likes to roll....so get it moving! Sitting in the garage doesn't do much for anyone!

I have to say, hosting a rally is like Christmas...it is a long time coming,,,the gifts get unwrapped, the meal is served, and the football game is in the last quarter...Bang...It's over! NOTHING is more depressing to see a empty camp ground that was just occupied by some of the prettiest coaches in the land!

As Willie Nelson sang...."turn out the lights, the party's over,,,they say that all good things must end..."

God bless you all, and we thank you again for making our rally a success!
Fly Safe!

Tony, Pam & Jack!
P.S. Photo will be updated and posted soon!
saddleup
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F419992
Bus Model: 1974 05 Eagle

Re: Rally in the Rockies.....It's Over!

Post by saddleup »

Thanks again, Tony and Pam had a great time.
Matt and Carolee
1974 05
Box Elder, SD
Yuma,AZ
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

Here are the photos...more will follow tomorrow.

http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/x37 ... 20Rockies/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pam
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

Here is the final set of photos from the Rally in the Rockies....

http://s1178.photobucket.com/albums/x37 ... ckies%202/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

For those of you that were here in Cody when the wild fire was started by lightning ...here is the latest update...

http://www.powelltribune.com/news/item/ ... 840EBFBD17" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ALL is WELL....

Pam
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Tony, Pam, Jack and everyone else at the rally.

How can we adequately let you know how wonderful the rally was? Tony and Pam obviously put a lot of effort into making their rally a success. They deserve our applause for sure.

Lani and I left on Saturday, the 27th, heading for Yellowstone with the Piggs, Wards, and Thomases. An easy day got us to the Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone, MT. We have been to Yellowstone numerous times, the others either only a pass through or not at all. We sort of guided them through a highlighted tour of the important things to see, as they had limited time. We did the lower loop on Sunday and went to Mammoth Hot Springs on Monday. We actually drove over 100 miles Monday, trying to find Elk, then found some finally about 5 miles from the RV park on the way back. We did see a rare sight of Mountain Goats on that day.

The others took off Tuesday morning heading home to Kansas and Missouri.
Lani and I will leave tomorrow to head home to Carson City. Should be home Saturday night.

It was good to see everyone. We enjoyed the camaraderie and of course all the activities that Tony and Pam arranged. Great rally!! We will be back for more if and when they do it again.

Thanks again Pam and Tony.

Bill & Lani
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Post by akroyaleagle »

A great time was had by Frankie & I!
We're still in Billings. have no plans of going home yet.

Thanks for all the efforts Pam & Tony!

Come see us. Bring groceries!
Joe Laird
'78 05
Sioux Falls, SD
glmccon
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 87956
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01

Post by glmccon »

:) The rally put on by Tony and Pam was the best ever! These two really put themselves out to show all of us Bus people a really outstanding time.
McConaughey's and Gehrke-Neuman's pulled out of Cody on Sunday morning headed to Yellowstone. As we passed through Yellowstone, we passed Jim and Pat Shepard, they were doing a day trip in their vehicle from Cody. We ended up parking at a RV park half way between Yellowstone and Jackson Hole. Monday we did both loops of Yellowstone. We were thrilled to see a hard herd of Buffalo on the North East side of the park, south of Mammoth Hot Springs. The mails were fighting for the females and it was thrilling to watch. We did see alot of Elk also.
We pulled out this morning and are parked in Laramie tonight and will continue on to Johnstown, CO tomorrow.
Safe travels to all of you....................
George and Glynda McConaughey
1966 Eagle 01
George cell (813) 966-7513
Glynda cell (619) 248-4080
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Post by gpzzdrm »

Hi All,
We got home today from the Cody rally. The rally was great, then we enjoyed Yellowstone with the Piggs, Wards and Thomases as I said before. Last Thursday, we left Yellowstone and spent the night in Pocatello, ID. The next night was in Elko, NV. We intended to leave Saturday for home, but one of our dogs, Sophie, wound up sick. I couldn't see trying to travel with a sick dog, so we elected to stay another night. Sunday morning, not only was Sophie still under the weather, but Dallas was sick too. We chose to stay another day. Then Monday morning, with everyone OK to travel, I decided not to travel on the last day of the holiday weekend. Talking to friends at home in Carson City, we were reminded this was also the end of the Burning Man festival in the Black Rock desert. This festival is a gathering of really weird people, along with regular folks that would like to be weird or just want to watch weird folks. The concern is the weird ones might be a bit high as they are driving to wherever they are going. I really made up my mind not to drive with that in mind. Today though, the weather, traffic and everything else was good for the last 300+ miles to home. We got home about 1:30, unloaded the essentials and have sat down to relax.
The leak I had in the differential/dropbox is pretty bad. I had to go under the bus each night and add oil. It looks to be leaking from the top of the flange that joins the dropbox to the differential. We will separate that flange joint and take a look see. None the less, we are home safe and sound. Even with the leak, we had a wonderful trip, enjoyed one of the best rallies ever, got to see friends and enjoy the road. Can't get much better.

Thanks again to Tony and Pam. What a great job. The hard work of your preparations was obvious. Lani and I hope the rewards of your success are as satisfying as they should be. Additionally, we would like to remind you to please let us know the results of your friend's race for the cure.
Take care, we hope everyone is home safe and sound by now.

Bill (and Lani)
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.