Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Rally in the Rockies....we are ready....are you!

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
dukedelmar
FMCA #: 414876
Bus Model: 1974 Silver Eagle 05

Rally in the Rockies....we are ready....are you!

Post by dukedelmar »

Wednesday Evening....current temp. 75 degrees....temp. @ 6 a.m. 50 degrees ..current fuel prices in Cody $3.82-3.84 per gallon :roll:

What a week...we purchased a C/C LT1045, and we just finished cutting the South 40. We wanted to make sure that there was room for the coaches that are heading this way to the Pre-Rally festivities! Jose estimated that we relocated between 3 to 4,000 grasshoppers! They will just have to find another place to live until we are done. :lol:
We expect our first Eagle to land here either tomorrow or Friday.

Everyone here is excited! One of the neighbors told me that we had not had this much excitement since Clem Johnston went to town, got drunk and rolled over his chicken truck on the way home,when he missed the cut-off road. This was good for the neighbors, as everyone had free eggs for the week. ;)

For what it is worth, we stocked up on Coors Lite, Miller Lite, Budweiser, and Jack Daniels for me. We even purchased a case of Mike's Lemonade, as someone requested it along the way, I just can't remember who...but it is here anyway.
Checked on Arnold today(Our dinner on Wednesday) and all is fine. They are still trying to fatten him up, to be sure we have enough to eat.

Visited with the Mayor's office today, just to make sure we would not have a problem have 12 or so coaches on our property. After a good conversation, explaining about The Eagles and what we do, the remark was made "you should start your own town." SOOOOOOOOOOOO...we are going to name our property PINTZSITE,as we are smaller than Quartzsite, but the same principals apply.

We have heard from several who are headed this way....Renae & Dennis Hafenbreadl are in West Yellowstone,,,Matt Plumlee & Carolee Hale are in Baggs, WY,,,The St.Johns and Strucks are heading to Jackson ( although that really depends on who you talk to), Glynda & George McConaughey got the coach motor repaired and are ready to point it toward Wyoming.
Art & Cindy Wales made it through Vegas and have a stop or two and they will be here. Anne & Le Roy Willis are within smelling distance, should be here soon,,,Mark & Kathy Renner are almost into the park!
I only hope they don't wear themselves out on the trip....because the fun will start when they get here!
Keep us posted of your travels, and we will let everyone know what is going on!

Tony,Pam & Jack (sleeping)
gpzzdrm
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F251204
Bus Model: 1978 - 05 / Cummins ISM 450 / Allison HT740

Re: Rally in the Rockies....we are ready....are you!

Post by gpzzdrm »

Tony & Pam,

We left home on Monday, spent one night in Elko, NV and the past two nights in Park City, UT. We will be in Rawlins tonight, Riverton tomorrow night and come into the RV park in Cody on Saturday. We intend to take part in your pre-rally activities even though we will be in the RV park. Soooo looookinnng forward to all of everything you have done. We don't want to miss anything, so if your plans change, please keep us informed.

Bill & Lani
1978 05 Eagle with 450HP Cummins ISM / Allison HT740
Started in 1996 and still an in-progress hobby.
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

Bill..

Tony is checking in with Absoroka RV Park daily ...so that we will not miss anyone. Feel free to give us a call once you are settled in.

SAFE travels....see you this weekend.

Pam
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

Smelling distance is right. We can smell somthing here. I think it is the water. Really enjoyed the Hot springs pool yesterday. I have a real hot water thing. Anne is going to try Mentholatum in here nose to see if she can stay in the pool longer. The formations made by the springs over the centuries are really great and the giant spring is to be seen. A masive outflow formation of well whatever it is in the water. have not seen any analysis.
We will move on up there tomorrow. only 80 some miles.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Hi Pam and Tony.

We had planned to leave today and take a leisurely drive to the campground. It turns out that we will be a day late leaving and will not arrive until Sunday. Like the Pratts, we hope we don't miss anything.

Thank you folks for **ALL** of your hard work to make this an outstanding rally!!!

We are going to make two stops on the way up. The first is in Chugwater. We used to belong to a membership ranch outside of Wheatland and the organization drove the members up on an Eagle bus. The bus used to stop in Chugwater and buy meat from a great butcher. We stopped there last year and the town is about dead, but it was still fun. They are "famous" for their "Chugwater Chili" and hold a chili contest each year.

For history buffs, the ranch managers for a period of time were Marv and Hazel Roberts. Marv used to drive the bus. They went on to start Sundance Coach. A story about Sundance can be found here:

http://www.rvtechstop.com/articles/sundnc.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The specialized in Eagle conversions. They seemed to do great work. They moved from Casper and set up a beautiful shop in St. George, UT. They went out of business and moved back to Kansas several years ago. Marv has passed away, but Hazel is going strong and now lives in Wheatland, WY. Marv was definitely not a people person, but Hazel was very outgoing and a great lady. I met up with Marv and his brother at a car show in Kansas a few years ago (he had built great custom car that he had for sale) and he was still the same old Marv. His brother was a parts vendor and was quite friendly.

We will also spend the night in Thermopolis and then head to the campground on Sunday.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

Jim ...
Get here when you get here as long as it is SAFE sailing.
See you Sunday.

Pam
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

Leroy...
The sulfur and minerals are a wee bit.."stinky"... the formations from the mineral deposits are interesting for sure. if you have time go into the state park and walk over the boardwalk.

Jack always gets a bit skittish when we are in Thermop. We have been told that the Indian spirits roam freely there and critters are very sensitive to their presence.

See you tomorrow....
Give us a call when you hit town. I am working tomorrow and will not be home til 4 PM... Tony will be able to meet you when you call. 307 250 6966.

See you tomorrow. :o)
Pam
Sunchaser Art
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Post by Sunchaser Art »

Well, the good news is Cindy & I made it to Ogden Utah. . .the bad news is the toad had about a gallon of oil on the front of it when we arrived. No big oil leaks at the motor, but I noticed some blue smoke from the exhaust when we arrived at the campground and it looks like some blow-by from the crankcase vent. I'm hoping we didn't bust a ring, but it's not looking promising. I'm gonna have to invest in a few more gallons of oil if this keeps up. If it starts mis-behaving on the next leg, I'm gonna be looking for a motor shop nearby--any ideas?
Art Wales
1988 Eagle 15
6V92/740
Riverside County, CA
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

Damn.......Hope you can make it here. If you can limp here I have a great shop that will help you out.

Wish I could be of more help...
The only people we have coming from the area, are out of Enoch....far South from you. I have tried to reach them, but no answer.
What ever we can do to help, give us a call!
Good Luck
Tony
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Post by Liberty »

The formations are Travertine. Who knew. Well they did of course but not me. We did the State park thing very nice. Even met a guy that grew up withAnne's Nephews in Manhattan KS.
ART so sorry. I have some Rottells T 40W if you get there OK and need to go on.