Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Rally in the Rockies....going strong

This is the public forum for listing and discussing upcoming events. Please keep discussion on subject to make it easy for people to find the information they need.
dukedelmar
FMCA #: 414876
Bus Model: 1974 Silver Eagle 05

Rally in the Rockies....going strong

Post by dukedelmar »

Just wanted to let everyone know the status of our upcoming Rally in the Rockies event...August 24-26, 2011.
As of today date, June 16, 2011 we are 21 strong. We also have two bus lovers who will be in attendance without there coaches! Our goal was to be at 20 by our deadline date of July 15, 2011, so we are pleased with the figures, one month before our deadline and we have surpassed of goal!
If you have not registered yet, don't worry, as we should be able to find room for you. As it looks now, we will be closing out the rally on our deadline date of July 15th. Shirts need to be ordered,
campground reservations made,(final count) etc. If you are coming....get your form into us as quick as you can.

Here are a list of the paid guests:
Lin & Wayne Schell Colorado
Karen & Bob Ward Kansas
Lois & Dave St. John New Mexico
Carolee Hale & Matt Plumlee Texas
Lani & Bill Pratt Nevada
Eileen & Andy Wright Montana
Becky & Paul Lawry Texas
Cindy & Art Wales California
Glynda & George McConaughey Arizona
Virginia & David Eck California
Frankie & Joe Laird South Dakota
Betty & Jack Bernritter Kansas
Anne & Le Roy Willis South Dakota
Norma & Allen Spitler Missouri
Laura & Wilbur Bradbury Washington
Renae & Dennis Hafenbreadl Wisconsin
Shirley & Jeff Jefferson Oklahoma
Sandi & Bob Gilbert Oklahoma
Kathy & Richard Struck Colorado
Pat & Jim Shepherd Colorado

If you would like more info.....baldeaglewy@aol.com
or call me direct 307-250-6966

Thanks for your time...Tony :P
Two Feathers
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F234821
Bus Model: 1978 Eagle 05
1990 Eagle 15

Re: Rally in the Rockies....going strong

Post by Two Feathers »

This looks like it is shaping up to be a really great rally. This is the first time that all the drivers names are listed first. (DO YA THINK THAT WILL GET THE TALKIN?)

Looking forward to meeting all those new drivers.
1990 Eagle 15 Under Construction
Cummins M-11 Celect Plus
Allison 746, T drive axle
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

OK Dave,,, you need to clarify your post.....are you referring to the fact that Tony listed all the LADIES names first or the fact that he listed all the registered attendees ??? Once I know to which you are referring I MIGHT give a reply! hahaha

We are off to the Buffalo Bill State Park for an overnight. Two weeks ago when we went, we were the only ones there. It is only 20 minutes from the house, but it is just peace, quiet and R&R!

You all have a good weekend.
Pam
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

First of all Pam and Tony, it looks like you guys have gone to a tremendous amount of effort to make sure this is a fantastic rally! Thanks!!!!

I am pretty sure the Jaggards will be there as well. We have tentative plans to meet them in Wendover for Bonneville Speed Week (starts Aug. 13) and then slowly work our way up I-15 and take a scenic cross-over into Wyoming.

If anyone wants to join us, let me know and I can give you the logistics. We will be dry camping at the "bend in the road".

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
luvrbus
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F262917
Bus Model: 05

Post by luvrbus »

Don Smith told he was going did he change his mind ? anyway you guys be nice to Wilbur even if he does drive a Prevost lol he is cool.
We may stop for awhile on the way to Idaho if my 2 traveling buddies Jim and Larry give me some dates when we are leaving for Idaho

Clifford
glmccon
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 87956
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01

Post by glmccon »

Jim, we will keep the offer in mind.

Our bus is once again out of commission. :oops: So the hunt is on again for a series 60 if anyone knows of one that is for sale. We will be traveling for the summer in one of Daniel's spare buses. Nice to have good friends with 3 running buses. We are at Daniel's now moving out of our bus and into his spare. He is such a good friend!!

Will check back and see what the timing is when the rally date gets closer. We are all heading out tomorrow morning for Bend, OR and then Tuesday down to Salem. Bus 'N USA in Rickreal, then Melroys Eagle Rally.

By the way, this bus we will be traveling in is For Sale and a pretty nice bus converted by John Edwards.
George and Glynda McConaughey
1966 Eagle 01
George cell (813) 966-7513
Glynda cell (619) 248-4080
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Post by beltguy »

Hi Glynda and George. I am so sorry to hear about the engine. I can empathize with you :( Keep us posted on how the project is going.

If the bus you are traveling in is an Eagle, be sure to list it here (after you are close to being done with it :D ).

The Bonneville thing is nothing formal. Folks can just show up. We will be there at least half the week. I think the week long pass to be a spectator is $20.

As most of you know, Bonneville is is maybe 5 miles east of Wendover (UT/NV). They have great buffets and gambling for those inclined. It gets pretty warm during the day, but it cools off in the evening.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.
dukedelmar

Post by dukedelmar »

Thanks for all the positive feedback and encouragement.... We are still working on plans to fine tune and make it a rally to remember. Tony is loosing sleep thinking of ideas ...his mind never stops working!!

Clifford...just FYI...Don Smith is NOT coming.

We have met Wilbur and Laura and we think they are great people, we would welcome them even if they lived in a VW LUV BUS! :D

Happy Father's Day to one and all!!

Pam, Tony & Jack