Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Jim's 56 Chevy

This forum was created so that members can document their projects that are not bus related. Most any subject is acceptable: car/truck, tractor, machine restoration, wood working, etc.
beltguy
Site Admin
Site Admin
FMCA #: F246286
Bus Model: 1985 Eagle 10 with Series 60 and Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission (SOLD)

Jim's 56 Chevy

Post by beltguy »

Hi all

Recall that I created this forum so that our members can show their non-bus projects. I had hoped that we would get a bit more participation. I could flood this forum with all of the car projects I am working on :D .

I thought I would introduce my 1956 Chevy:
chevy and poodle skirts.jpg
This picture was taken in 1987 just before we headed to Illinois for a car "rally". For many years this car was my daily driver. I still have it and I have been working on "restoring" it and getting it back on the road. Most of the work so far has be devoted to starting over again on the paint.

The car was a true "farmer's yard" find and I did a frame off build. It has a 350 engine/Turbo 400 combination and later model steering and brakes. In the late '80s I installed Lincoln air springs (we were working on an air spring project at Gates). That was long before air springs became popular.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission SOLD
2005 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 Cummins and 6 speed manual 2022 Sunset 28 foot trailer
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: https://beltguy.com/Travelogue/
Email: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com   NOTE this email box is only for general correspondence related to the forum and not technical advice.  Technical questions will not receive a response.