Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

**** GREAT NEWS ****

There is a plan in place for a new administrator who will restore and update this site.

#### The forum is availabe for reading and posting. ####

For background information click on this thread.

The forum continues to be in low maintenance mode untill the new administrator is fully on board. The "registration" and "contact us" options are not active.

Richard Fosse's 73 VW Thing Project

This forum was created so that members can document their projects that are not bus related. Most any subject is acceptable: car/truck, tractor, machine restoration, wood working, etc.
Richard Fosse's 73 VW Thing Project
Sun Sep 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Richard and Sherri Fosse made several posts on Facebook about a fun project: a 1973 VW Thing:

Fosse 73 VW Thing.jpg

They picked up the Thing in March of 2014:

Picking up the Thing.jpg

The steps of the reconstruction were detailed on their FB pages. I have captured several of their posts and created a PDF (attached) that includes descriptions of the process as well as several photos.

Richard passed away recently. It was obvious that he loved this project and I wanted to document some of his work.

Jim
Attachments
Richard Fosse VW Thing Project.pdf
(593.7 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
'85 Eagle 10 with Series 60 & Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission - not at all fancy, but fully functional
Bus Project pages: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog: http://beltguy.com/blog/
Email: jim@eaglesinternational.net (Please email me rather than use the PM process)
beltguy

What a great car! I can see that as a toad that would get as much talk as the tow vehicle.
Darryl
1978 Eagle 05, 8V71, Jake Brakes, Alison HT740, Original caps front and back
darryl97420

Return to Our "Other" Projects