Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Great Blower Rebuilder

This forum will archives technical threads that are unique to Eagle Buses. There will be one thread for general comments, but the technical threads will be locked. The intent is to have a repository for detailed technical information that can be of prime importance to an Eagle Bus Owner. New threads can only be created by the forum administrators.
jcb
Bus Model: 1981 Eagle Model 10

Great Blower Rebuilder

Post by jcb »

Here's the final solution to the Blower problem. First, I gave up on finding the perfect replacement. 2nd, I decided to stick with the one that came off it, and have it rebuilt. Seems not too many shops/people want to "mess with it". So after doing an Internet hunt.......I found Dyers Blowers in Summit, They specialize in Hot Rod and Racing Conversions and New Blowers, but they also have a service called "Wash and Set". That means they take it apart, clean it,put new seals and bearings in it, bead blast it, align it, and send it back to you in a nice heavy duty box. They were pleasant and helpful to deal with, and have been at it since the early 70's. Total cost was $395 plus shipping. Excellent job. Excellent deal. Now all I have to do is put it back on.

Dyer's Blowers/Machine Service
7665 West 63rd St.
Summit, Il 60501
708-496-8100
Jim Cummings
1983 Model 10
8V71
Auto Trans
Tour Bus Conversion Ex-Senator Coach
http://www.thejimcummingsband.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;