Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

SUSPENSION ADJUSTMENT PART 1,CHECK BUS HEIGHT & BOGIE WEIGHT

This forum will archives technical threads that are unique to Eagle Buses. There will be one thread for general comments, but the technical threads will be locked. The intent is to have a repository for detailed technical information that can be of prime importance to an Eagle Bus Owner. New threads can only be created by the forum administrators.
rusty
FMCA #: F341087
Bus Model: 1972 05 completed 2003
1994 15/45 in progress

Re: SUSPENSION ADJUSTMENT PART 1,CHECK BUS HEIGHT & BOGIE WEIGHT

Post by rusty »

I would wait untill you are closer to your final wieght.

Thank You Wayne
SmoothJazz

Post by SmoothJazz »

Robert,

Any eight ton jack will work. I have drilled and tapped the jack to accept the pressure gauge and it worked fine. As Wayne said, I would wait to adjust the suspension until you get closer to your final weight so that you don't have to do it twice.
Daniel Lenz
Brownsville, Texas

The work of an unknown good man is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground greener.
akroyaleagle
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F180747
Bus Model: 1978 Model 05

Post by akroyaleagle »

Couple of things to consider:

I would never consider installing this in a wall for many reasons.

Putting this tank under the bed will make it more difficult to access the top of the engine compartment. If you go this route, use some type of quick disconnects and a drain. An inflatible bladder might work. Where are you going to catch the waste from it?

We have had our coach for nearly 14 yrs, including 8 yrs of full timing. Only two times could we have used larger water capacity. Buy some plastic water bottles and one of the wheeled waste tanks for the few times you need more water. Use your towed to get it and haul away the waste gray.

IMO, 1000 lbs is not going to make much difference.

Here's some info for you. You can see the difference in wts of the DD is negligible. Sort of like pole vaulting over piss ant hills.

2-cycle DDA, dry weight:
6-71 = 2150 lbs.
6-71TA = 2195 lbs.
6V-71 = 1960 lbs.
8V-71 = 2345 lbs.
8V-71TA = 2415 lbs.
12V-71 = 3300 lbs.
6V-92TA = 2020 lbs.
8V-92TA = 2415 lbs.
Three of the most popular Allison transmission dry weights:
V-730 series (3-speed): 890 lbs.
HT740 series (4-speed): 840 stock, 979 with retarder