Website Home | Info & Posts | Club Membership | Eagle History | Contact Us

**** GREAT NEWS ****

There is a plan in place for a new administrator who will restore and update this site.

#### The forum is availabe for reading and posting. ####

For background information click on this thread.

The forum continues to be in low maintenance mode untill the new administrator is fully on board. The "registration" and "contact us" options are not active.

8v71 versus 6v92 bell housing

This forum will archives technical threads that are unique to Eagle Buses. There will be one thread for general comments, but the technical threads will be locked. The intent is to have a repository for detailed technical information that can be of prime importance to an Eagle Bus Owner. New threads can only be created by the forum administrators.
Re: 8v71 versus 6v92 bell housing
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:40 pm

Clifford, both of these bell housings are from a 71 series. Ed took his off his 71 series that had his 6 something tranny on and mine had the manuel tranny on it. The 6v92 at Erics had the 740 tranny on it. All I took off the 92 was the flex plate and tranny.
The two bell housings in question both came off 71series. I feel like I hauled back the same bellhousing that was on my engine. All measurements and bolt pattern check the same. Not sure of a suttle difference in thickness or something not noticeable to the naked eye though.

Thanks

Kentucky Steve
Kentucky Steve

Previous

Return to Technical Archive