Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Quartzsite Donut Bread Pudding

This is a place just for the ladies. Sure, the ladies love the Eagles too, but maybe they have other interests too. This is their place to talk about anything they want. Men, you can read, but posting is reserved for the ladies. The same rules of good taste we use for the rest of the forum also apply here.
Liberty
Board Member
Board Member
FMCA #: F415412
Bus Model: 1967 Silver Eagle 01 #7211

Quartzsite Donut Bread Pudding

Post by Liberty »

We had a bunch of donuts leftover after Saturday coffee in Quartzsite this year and since we were planning a potluck for this evening, I took them and made bread pudding. It was a hit! You could do the same thing with plain bread but it wouldn't be as sweet.

So here's the recipe:

8 cups of donut pieces, more or less
2 eggs
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 cans fruit cocktail (including liquid)
1 1/2 t. cinnamon

Whisk the two eggs, cinnamon, condensed milk and fruit cocktail, including liquid, in a large bowl. Toss the donut pieces in that mixture until it is absorbed. Pour into a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

Easy and so good. I also mixed up a glaze of butter, powdered sugar, milk and a touch of molasses. There really isn't a recipe for that part. I melted a couple tablespoons of butter, stirred in powdered sugar until it wouldn't mix anymore, added molasses and enough milk to thin it to pouring consistency. I heated it in the microwave for about a minute and poured it over the bread pudding when it came out of the oven. The original recipe said make a rum sauce so I guess that would work too.