Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

WOMEN's CORNER

This is a place just for the ladies. Sure, the ladies love the Eagles too, but maybe they have other interests too. This is their place to talk about anything they want. Men, you can read, but posting is reserved for the ladies. The same rules of good taste we use for the rest of the forum also apply here.
dukedelmar
FMCA #: 414876
Bus Model: 1974 Silver Eagle 05

WOMEN's CORNER

Post by dukedelmar »

OK.... the newsletter is out and Paul it LOOKS GOOD!!

Just wanted to start a thread so as to get a few ideas on what would be good activities to get the Eagle Ladies involved....

PLEASE post some comments on here or feel free to email me directly at baldeaglewy@aol.com

Kindest thoughts as always
Pam
SunChaserCindy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F351294
Bus Model: 1988 Eagle 15

Re: WOMEN's CORNER

Post by SunChaserCindy »

Hi Pam!
I agree, the newsletter looks good, and so does your article!

I don't have any idea's off the top of my head, but I'm a total outside person, and you can count on me to do whatever I can to help get people out and socializing (one of my favorite things!). LOL

Cindy
Cindy
1988 - 15 - SunChaser
http://www.webcove.com/eagle/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Speck
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle 01

Post by Speck »

Well, fancy meeting you gals here! So glad to finally have our own corner. I tried to get into the site last night but for some reason I was blocked and could not sign in. Dale hooked me up today. Let's nudge our other ladies and get them on board too. No telling what we might get going here. :roll:
Becky aka Mrs. Dreamscape
1968 Silver Eagle 01
binkey
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F404489
Bus Model: 1989 Eagle model 15

Post by binkey »

Hi girls!

Will try to chime in when ever possible. My chance is early am before off to work, so will be behind on the post. Please forgive me. :oops:

The newletter looks great! Just saw it, and am looking forward to meeting you at the big Q. I am always up early and hanging by the coffee pot so not to miss out. :lol:
sonja
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 262917
Bus Model: Eagle

Post by sonja »

Girls what do you think about the mens behavior here this to me it reminds of school yards when I was a young girl.
Clifford got his undies in ball and quit and I told him to suck it up I have friends in this club too maybe this board should go away so the club can get back to normal.

Sonja
glmccon
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 87956
Bus Model: 1966 Eagle 01

Post by glmccon »

Where do we find this letter that is out about the Ladies needing to socialize?
George and Glynda McConaughey
1966 Eagle 01
George cell (813) 966-7513
Glynda cell (619) 248-4080
dukedelmar
FMCA #: 414876
Bus Model: 1974 Silver Eagle 05

Post by dukedelmar »

Hi Glynda,

I had written an article that is in the latest newsletter that focuses on the ladies becoming more active at the rallies.

Kindest thoughts
Pam Saraceni
glmccon
Club Member
Club Member

Post by glmccon »

:lol: Silly me.............I went looking for the letter and found it in the last Newsletter and noticed that this post started back in Nov. Sorry for being "Late to the party!!!".
:lol:

I am looking forward to seeing the comments on how we can improve, like I said earlier, "There is always room for improvement!"
Last edited by glmccon on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1966 Eagle 01
Speck
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: 391238
Bus Model: 1968 Silver Eagle 01

Post by Speck »

Merry Christmas, ladies! Hope each of you has had a wonderful day with those you love. I know Paul and I have.

Through the grapevine I heard there was buzz in EI and decided I needed to see what was going on! I don't think anyone ever intended that women could not post wherever they feel the urge to post. Rather, the Women's Corner was suggested for posting of subject matter the MEN might think did not belong here! Things like hysterectomies, gall bladders, recipes, vying for room in the bay for your quilting fabric stash, full timer storage issues, the cutest little tea room in this little town off Route 66 near PoDunk, you have to visit the quilt shop in Memphis if you love fabric.... you get the gist? (At least, that was my understanding from our women's meeting in Branson this past fall.) Nothing will keep the men from reading and/or responding in the Women's Corner and they are welcome to do so, if they are interested in women-type topics. I don't see that it has yet "taken off" as some of us had hoped, but I intend to make an effort to be more active here this coming year. Anyone, male or female, wanting to post about busses, engines, tires, etc. is welcome to do so in other sections.

I'd like to know if anyone else has lived in their bus full time AND remodeled at the same time, like we are? My brain is close to fried from stain and polyurethane fumes but the bedroom is really looking good. Paul has done an amazing job with the oak cabinets and neither of us has missed the Walmart plastic drawers we have used for a year and a half until he got them finished. We will fill the new cabinets up tomorrow and finally, our clothes, socks and undies will have their own spot. I was really hoping the plastic drawers could be placed in bay and I could store quilting tools, fabric and patterns in them, but seems Paul has other ideas for them - for things like screws, nuts, bolts, small hand tools, extension cords, you name it. I am determined to find my spot in one bay for my stuff, so I can get to it anytime I need to. I will find a way.

Well, this day has been a long one and I am toddling off to bed soon. Again, hope each of you had a blessed day. I'll 'see' you here more in the new year.

Becky Lawry
Last edited by Speck on Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Becky aka Mrs. Dreamscape
1968 Silver Eagle 01
glmccon
Club Member
Club Member

Post by glmccon »

Thanks Becky, I get the gest! :D I missed the meeting in Branson unfortunately where you ladies discussed all of this. Sounds wonderful what you are mentioning.
I like some of the subject matters you mentioned. I have just this year started quilting so I look forward to seeing and hearing about some of the projects some of you experienced quilters are working on, and in your buses more or less. I understand that there are several new ladies that carry their projects on the road with them.
1966 Eagle 01