Announcement Block
As of 12/1/2021, a major update of the forum software was accomplished

Update: 3/7/2024: The Eagles email account at GoDaddy no longer works. I have set up a gmail account as a workaround: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com

Registration is open to the public (*) and free from any cost or obligation. Please allow up to 36 hours for your application to be processed. If you have problems registering, please email me at: eaglesinternational.email at gmail.com
(*) spambots will be deleted -- only legitimate public applications will be processed.

Reminder: the "quick links" menu offers you the best navigation of this forum -- you need to be registered and logged in to see that menu.

Test On Friday

This is the place to discuss all your tricks and tips of bus life. From how to pack everything you need, to the best on the road recipes.
BoxcarOkie

Test On Friday

Post by BoxcarOkie »

Test On Friday

WHAT IS THE MOST DEPRESSING THING YOU EVER HEARD IN HIGH SCHOOL?

PAY ATTENTION SMITH!

THERE IS GOING TO BE A TEST LATER, AND YOU WILL BE LOST AGAIN.

Last night I found myself watching TV and this commercial comes on for skin care and the girl says …. I am NOT making this up people … She says: “I woke up this morning with skin that felt brand new! And I was NOT dreaming.” Some product called Alveeno or something like that.
Well, sure.

I woke up this morning with the same old tired leathery road kill skin, reached down and scratched parts of my body I have not seen in five and one-half years, stumbled into the bathroom to shave, and saw Willard Scott in my bathroom mirror! I used to have good looking skin, way back when, when the earth was still warm.

Aging has not been kind to me. The last time I was asked for my driver’s lic. ID the woman said I resembled Rush Limbaugh for cryin‘ out loud! If you are now forming a mental image, the words "well preserved" should come to mind.
New skin and it is not a dream, I should be so lucky.

Reality settles in, man, I hate it when that happens. It is imperative that I concentrate my efforts on improving my life, the skin can come later. Perhaps it is time to go to my preferences file and update my wants/wish do-hickey. I don’t need any overnight new skin; I have bigger problems than that.

For instance: I find my pants are creeping up on me, by the time I reach sixty-five and they have a reunion. I will be nothing but a pair of pants and a head!

Another test? I don’t need NO stinkin’ test. I have to go now, time to wash the Old Hoopie and make sure she is lookin’ good ... We is going to TBR tomorrow.

So goes Wednesday, one more day, middle of the week …..Hump Day for a five day wage slave in Central Oklahoma. As I don’t have twitter or any of that other jazz, I wil tell you what I am lined up to do ... I have to wash the bus.
Man, I hate washing the bus!

I am gonna get all washed up, drive on down to Southern Oklahoma to TBR. Who knows? "I might even get drunk and be somebody this weekend!" Call everyone you know and warn them that “HE” is coming, trouble-maker is on the move!

Take yo’ best shot Sonnie! (Private joke sorry)

The rest of you ... hang in there ... only two more days till the weekend, you almost have it in the bag.

BCO
No I didn't say that ... Must have been some other guy.
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
van
Club Member
Club Member

Re: Test On Friday

Post by van »

BoxcarOkie wrote:Test On Friday

WHAT IS THE MOST DEPRESSING THING YOU EVER HEARD IN HIGH SCHOOL?

BCO

That chasing the teachers in the corridors with my Harley was unacceptable :lol: :lol: .
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

[/quote]That chasing the teachers in the corridors with my Harley was unacceptable :lol: :lol: .[/quote]

Ah High School ....
Gym class ...
Big football jocks ...
Public showers ... Little white boy girly man naked …
Big people picking on the pasty faced little Nancy Boy.
Nothing .... no help from Cheerleading coach.
And to make it really bad, I had a Honda 50!
Ah ... The memories.

Later ....

BCO
ldsrr91@gmail.com
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-life/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://boxcarokie.com/eagle-bus-photos/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eagle Andy
Club Member
Club Member
FMCA #: F299044
Bus Model: 1968 SE Model 05

Post by Eagle Andy »

Ya know I gota say after dealing with the things I deal with everyday here in the patch doing my 250 hour service class, Is nice to come back to my hotel room and read Don's stories and laugh myself silly. Thanks Don keep those card and letters coming :lol:
Andy Wright 68 Silver Eagle Model 5 8V92 #7481
BoxcarOkie

Post by BoxcarOkie »

Eagle Andy wrote:Ya know I gota say after dealing with the things I deal with everyday here in the patch doing my 250 hour service class, Is nice to come back to my hotel room and read Don's stories and laugh myself silly. Thanks Don keep those card and letters coming :lol:
Hello Andy, (What time is it?) I appreciate your comments. Sitting here watching CMT Video’s and waiting for the bride to come home from work, so we can leave for TBR. It is a tough job, but some of us have to do it.

It tickles me that you liked the post, I just throw ‘em out on the porch and see if the cat will lick them up, it appears this one was a good one. That is nice. Some of us are “people kind of people” we enjoy other folks, conversation with strangers, friends, and sometimes, relatives (but not often). It is awful hard to be a people-person in today’s world, same with writing or story telling. You never know how it will end up, you just hit post message and hope for the best.

A little slice of life in the middle of the week. Not enough time left for living anymore it seems, we are also bent on making a living, we forget how to live. We seem to be ate up with it as my Dad used to say (Kid you are ate up with it, you dont know your ____ from a hole in the ground!)

Same with communicating.

Call Waiting,
Voice Messaging,
Paging,
Text Messaging, (that is the cat’s meow as my Grandmother used to say)
Twitter,
Facebook,
Social networking ad-nauseum.

A post card in the mail, unheard of in the 21st Century.

“We are so busy we cannot come to the phone right now”
At the tone, leave your message.”
If you live on Planet Earth please press #7
Please stay on the line for this impotent message
Yeah, right.

I don’t understand why people avail themselves of all this technology only to ignore it in the end. It has reached a point where folks no longer have time for people. As I said before ... So busy out making a life, that they miss out on life completely. I believe Brad Paisley has a song about it all, it is called “Living On Fast Forward.”

As you age, change is inevitable and in my case, hard to adjust to. I guess, unlike the typical Okie, who lives in a fast-paced, experience-driven, multiple-option world, where choice and personal values pale beside the possibility of exposure to the latest, the biggest, the fastest, the most prestigious, and don’t forget ……. “the best” ……. or the most expensive.

Much like a brown shoe in a tuxedo world, at times I am not a good fit. I don’t have a lot of technical advice to offer (Ask Sonnie, he will testify!) and I don’t know a whole lot about bus’es in general (Again, preaching to the choir, ask Clifford). All I have is this, an over-active imagination, my laptop and a gift for story telling.

Freely I admit Andy, I am out of touch.

Everyone around me is zippin’ down the Information Highway and I am here, stuck on the on-ramp waiting for a break in the traffic. So, on occasion I reach out and share my affliction with those around me, and often it makes their day. (Even a blind hog can find an acorn every now and then)

This is a good thing.

Basically I understand one simple rule of life. Surround yourself with modern day trappings, and you in the end, still have what everyone else has, not much. Never before have there been so much transmission of information and so little true communication. Innovative communications methods and machinery have been developed and embraced in the past decade, yet the human beings for whom those tools have been developed have increasingly lost touch with the art of personal communication.

There is no reason that coming to this board or any other board should be depressing, boring or mundane. As you pointed out ... We all have enuff on our plate to contend with anyway. There is no reason why this board should not have a "Off Topic Section" for folks to put up something out of the ordinary as happened here recently (Islamic Whoopla). I am not a techno-crat but surely in this age of mega storage there could be room for a spot for people to sound off on non-bus topics, if the need should arise? But then again ... this is not my sandbox.

As this is the only verifiable contribution I have to make, I am gonna keep running it up the flagpole, and occasionably (sp) find someone who will stop and salute it. Jump on in ... the water is just fine. We are like it or not, all in the same boat. If horses were love, and cattle were bad news, most of us would be riding off into the sunset sitting high in the saddle.

As usual, said too much. Need to close. I am going to continue to take what happiness out of life I can ... when I can find it ... and if it is possible, do my level best to help someone else along the way. As I said before ... I perceive this to be a good thing.

Appreciate your comments, thanks.

BCO
ldsrr91@gmail.com